Saturday, January 29, 2011

She's growing up

A couple of weeks ago Anna-Kate said she never wanted to turn five that she wanted to stay four, and my little girl, forever. I assured her she would always be my little girl {"even when I'm old, like thirty?" she asked. Hmm.}. She said, "let's make a deal. You stay 29 forever and I'll stay four forever--OK?". Done and done, girlfriend! If only I could freeze time...these are certainly precious days I am living right now.

***

As I heaved to pick up and carry Anna-Kate to bed last night she laid her head on my shoulder and said, "Mama, when I turn five you can't carry me anymore because I will just be too big. You can still hug me though. Ok?". Tear.

***

Anna-Kate and I were driving home from a special shopping/lunch "date" and we heard a commercial for a father/daughter date night at Chick-fil-a (love that place!). She said, "Mommy, do you and Daddy still pray for my husband every night?". I choked back tears as I said that indeed we did.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww. I simply can't believe they are gowing up this fast! so good to know that y'all are still praying for adam...you know, her future hubs. LOL. :)

Leigh-Ann

Chris said...

what... what is this salty discharge coming out of my eyes??? Tears!?! Dangit my impenetrable male shield has been pierced... heart melting... can't control emotions.... ARARAGH!!!!