Monday, February 7, 2011

I defy gravity

{evidently}

I wanted a "reset" button on today by 8:02 am, and that is just never a good way to start the day.

Chris made coffee for me this morning (so awesome) so I went downstairs to the heavenly aroma of fresh coffee and excitedly poured a cup. Before I could even take a sip I heard the baby crying so I made his bottle and headed back upstairs, large cup of coffee in hand. I reached to open his door and somehow managed to drop my filled-to-the-brim mug. I reached out to grab it (how I thought I would catch all of the falling drops of liquied caffeine I am unsure of) but I managed to knock the mug in an upward motion before it returned to falling down. So, instead of just spilling all over the carpet (if I hadn't had the follow up volley) it was all over both Jack and Ryans' doors, door frames, the wall in between their rooms, the bookshelf, (and all of the books) 2 outfits a friend lent me for Jack that I had washed and ironed and were ready to return, a large stain with dozens of spot stains on the carpet and the ceiling. Not to mention, it splattered both Anna-Kate and me (requiring an outfit change for each).

Yep, I am the first person in the world to drop a cup of coffee and have it stain
the ceiling.

I sent Anna-Kate in to talk with Jack while I madly scrubbed the various surfaces. I noticed the ceiling last (can you blame me?) so it was too late to get the coffee as it had already dried. This picture is extra sad because it was taken from downstairs looking up (at night). That's how well you can see it.



Guess I'll be painting this weekend.

2 comments:

The Levy's said...

that bites...but at least you hopefully got a free tag book! :)

Mom said...

Chris,
Do you think Janelle will personally be painting the ceiling this weekend?
Just wondering. . .