Saturday, February 5, 2011

Crazy week

Alternate title: Chris may not agree to put the kids to bed for at least a week. :)

This week has been nuts--but great!

Thursday I went out with some (mommy) girl friends from church. It was so nice to get away after the week of sick kids, long waits at the doctor (not pregnant--just puttin' that out there) and endless piles of laundry.

Friday I got all 3 kids up dressed and to school at 8:30, in the rain, (this is a big accomplishment for me) for Ryans 3 year old preschool registration. It was really weird not registering Anna-Kate, and was a feeling of "no turning back" in the school selection process, but I am at peace with that. Friday evening we had our good friends over for homemade pizza and then Leigh-Ann and I went to Costco to buy for lunch after church. (each homegroup takes 1 Sunday a semester to cook for the church and I for some reason thought it would be a good idea to be in charge of that). We actually had a lot of fun--despite the van full of nacho bar fixin's (side note, should be delicious, especially if the 40 avacados in my trunk are any indication!)

This morning Anna-Kate and I went to a birthday party for one of her sweet little friends from church. I am so thankful for the number of little girls her age at our church, but am still praying for a "best" friend for her. As usual, the topic du jour was schooling for next year. Chris and I both have a peace with the 2 options we've selected, and are choosing to trust the Lord to clearly open and close doors for us. It remains to be seen if I will be freaking out in 2 months when we know for certain what we'll be doing.

After rest time Chris and Anna-Kate attended the annual daddy/daughter Chick-fil-a date night. I'll post on that tomorrow--it was very sweet.

Tonight I went out again with some friends from Ryans old playgroup (one of whom moved away and is pregnant with her second) for a shower to welcome her coming baby. It was so fun to reconnect and chat with friends (can't wait to do it again girls, and congratulations, Sara!)!!

1 comment: