Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Recap

We had a total spring tease this past weekend. It was glorious! It was right at 70 and breezy--heaven.

Saturday Anna-Kate read her first book (on the computer)!! I was SO proud of her! She sounded out all of the words with me. What finally made her interested in trying was when I commented that one day she would have a little girl who would want her to read to her (thanks, Blair!) and that when she learned to read it would be a secret that only she would have with Mommy and Daddy and the boys wouldn't know about. Whatever, she's now excited to learn to read. :)



After the ear saga, I promised her we would go on a special date--Saturday was the day. She picked out a present for Ryans' birthday and then we ate at 5 guys burgers. YUM (and she especially enjoyed eating the peanuts while waiting and eating french fries to her hearts content--instead of me putting a few on her plate). I treasure this time with my girl!



After quiet rest time we loaded bikes and headed to a local park. It was wonderful! Jack loved the swing (which I'm really excited about because Ryan didn't care for it at all and that makes park trips infinity easier for me when the baby is happy to sit in the swing!).



Ryan can finally reach (barely, but still) the pedals on his bike.



She wasn't interested in riding her bike until she saw a little boy from her class--then they were kinda showing off for each other. Oh dear...

1 comment:

Sara said...

That website looked like Starfall! Love that sight. Reid already knows so much just from that website alone. Brilliant :) Maybe someday he will read a book too!