Saturday, February 7, 2009

Fun Friday!

The kids and I hauled it down to Macon for a quick day trip yesterday. We had so much fun visiting with my parents...it was nice to get away for a day. For the kids just to mix things up, for me to be able to emotionally recharge and talk about stuff with my mom and get her opinion on things...I have come to appreciate the mother/daughter relationship as priceless--both with my own mom and my daughter. (Thanks, Mom!)

Anyway, we stopped at the outlets to find shoes for Ryan (what I am asking for, for his birthday as we certainly have no need for more toys!!). I was wanting some nice all white shoes for church. Stride rite decided not to make any this year (figures) and Strasburg only makes hard soles starting in size 5. He's a (almost) size 3. (plus, they were $59.99, but that is irrelivant at this point).

We met my mom at Chick (O'le!) Fil-A and both of my kids had an absolute blast playing on the playground. I want to take a moment to discuss why I love chick fil a so much. Not only is their food great (and their fries and lemonade the best ever!) but the people who work there are always so kind and helpful, the place (including playground) is clean, and they really think about kids when designing. For instance, Ryan wanted to climb up the slide. He could make it a couple of feet but it gets really steep so he couldn't. Perfect. Now Mommy isn't the mean guy, the slide is just too hard. :) Though, I'll add, he's a determined little booger.

We went back home, I put the kids down and we had 3 solid hours to chat about stuff. Though, the real reason for the trip was for me to weigh in on fabric choices for new furniture. Not sure I was any help really, but it's nice to be appreciated. :)

Daddy came home early and my boy was ecstatic--Poppy is one of his favorite people ever!! After a yummy dinner and absolutely making a disaster area of their toys and living room, we packed it up and drove home at 8. Ryan slept the whole way, Anna-Kate watched Nemo, and I talked with my grandparents.

Now that's what you call having a full day.

4 comments:

The Levy's said...

That sounds like you had a blast. I wish my parents lived closer - I am jealous!!!

Tate Family said...

Yay! You sooo needed that time to get away and get out of the normal routine for a bit.

I couldn't agree with you MORE about the love I have for Chick-Fil-A!!!!!!!! In fact, we ate b'fast there this morning. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful time away! Sounds like a full, fun day.

Mmm, you made me hungry for some CFA fries & lemonade...the closest one is 25 minutes from here!!!

Jenny

Anonymous said...

It IS priceless!
Love,
Mom