Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy First Birthday Ryan!

Wow. I can't believe my baby is one today. These years keep on flying by me. We had a wonderful day today. My parents, grandparents, great aunt and uncle and our close family friends, the Crabbs, were here for lunch to celebrate with us. We had a yummy lunch, opened presents (so many new "boy" toys--his first Thomas train, a little people bath boat, some new puzzles, shoes, a refrigerator leap frog toy, a dump truck and a push police car!!) then began the first birthday tradition of cake gorging. He wasn't nearly as messy as Anna-Kate was, but he thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe the fact that this wasn't his first cake [bad mommy for letting a little baby eat cake before his birthday!] made him not tear into it like she did, but he ate it and LOVED it. :)

On our way to lunch yesterday forward facing in the car--he was deliriously happy and just sat there smiling and clapping his hands.

Photobucket

Here is his cake (the rest of us had chocolate icing on ours--it was delic I must say). I don't have a picture of him eating it, we were taking video...it really wasn't that great as he didn't smash his face in it or anything. Such a clean boy. :)

Photobucket

Here's my big birthday boy with his hat that he did not want to wear. At all.

Photobucket

Opening presents:

Photobucket

***

It's been a week getting here--I've got more posts, but suffice to say, we've been busy, Ryan's threw up yesterday and gave us a scare, (after missing his first Christmas, I was determined he would not be missing his first birthday) and I have pink eye. Who knew an adult could get it? (Ya, me either, but I'm living proof you can get it.) So, I've been wearing my glasses the last couple of days.

My parents came in town yesterday for Ryan's birthday weekend and to celebrate my birthday as well (it's on Wednesday. Update your calendar if it's not there-ha! :)). We ate at Moe's for lunch as Moe kindly sent me a free meal coupon for my birthday. Mom and I went shopping while the kids slept and Daddy and Chris did some fix-it projects around the house. I opened my gift from them--a serger. Such a wonderful surprise as I've been wanting one for a long time--it will improve my sewing projects and give my products a more professional finish (thank you SO much Mom and Dad!!). Mom also brought up my favorite cake, fresh strawberry, it is so special to be remembered and celebrated, especially as I get old and birthdays aren't as exciting as they used to be. It's been a great weekend and I'm excited for this week!

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Your kids are just delicious.

Anonymous said...

Great update, Janelle. :) Sounds like it was a very happy, fun birthday!!!

Jenny