Monday, February 23, 2009

A long day

It started early. The last couple of weeks I've been running in the mornings before Chris leaves for work (only MWF, not everyday...). I hate running. In fact, it is one of my least favorite things to do, but, I need to lose those last 5 lbs, and it's free--so, sign me up. (Plus, I love being alone and love how I feel afterwards). After I got home I showered, got the kids up and ready for the day then schlepped us all off to Ryan's 12 month well-baby appt. Well, when I took him in last week for his double ear infection sick appt, he was 20 lbs on the nose, so over the weekend we put him in his forward facing carseat. When we showed up this morning, he was 18.11 lbs. Granted, he was naked today when weighed, and he threw up on Saturday, but that's just not good no matter how you cut it. (this puts him in the 5% for weight, though he's still 40% for height and hanging in there in the 90% for head, they keep saying, "oh wow, he'll be smart!"). After a long talk about what/how much he eats my doctor determined that it wasn't that he wasn't getting enough food, it's that he doesn't drink enough milk (tho', I knew that already). So, just to try to bulk him up, he's now on Pediasure for a month instead of milk or formula, and she wanted to run some labs on him. So, after getting his 4 shots we went to Wellstar to get his blood taken. Three vials in fact. [Oh, that was a lot of fun.] Poor guy.

Well, we got the Pediasure (and he drank 4 oz in one sitting--though we won't be wasting it as it's $10 for six 8 oz bottles of which he is to drink 1-2 a day). We also are transitioning to one nap as of today, so, it's been a big day. Thankfully, Anna-Kate was a doll all day and they are both in bed now.

Did I mention Chris has a work dinner and won't be home until after the kids go to bed tonight?

I also have a meeting at my house this evening I'm supposed to be leading. Hmmm.

Any hints for getting your kids to drink more?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry, janelle. no fun at all. here's to brief meetings!

Anonymous said...

I'm 100% with you on your "running" philosophy!! I hate doing it, I'm not "cut out for it," but I LOVE the way I feel afterwards!!! And I know I need it.

I'm sorry about Ryan's appointments and your concerns. Totally understandable. My only advice about getting him to drink more is try some fun, new, colorful sippy cups. I know that sounds silly, but from my experience, my boys would always want to drink more if it was a new cup. Or try a straw cup!! :) I'll be praying b/c I know it's stressful.

Jenny

Liz said...

We're in the same boat with the milk. I'll be checking back often to see if there are any good tips!

Anonymous said...

milkshakes preferably strawberry or vanilla, that'll put on the lbs. Love to you and A.K. and Chris and R.
mimi