Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mortified

Yep, that describes my emotional state on Superbowl Sunday.

We were at our friends house (who has a daughter that is one of Anna-Kate's best friends). Anna-Kate is obsessed with playing doctor, and loves the little dr. kits. Annie had just gotten a new one so they were playing. Anna-Kate had the thermometer which took turns being a shot and a thermometer. All was fine and good until I noticed her pants and panties were around her knees. I said, "do you need to go potty?". "No ma'am" she replied. Then, "I just taking my tempture," then proceeded to pull the play thermometer out of her bottom.

Did I mention I was mortified, especially as this happened in a room of adults (not all of whom had kids)?

***

Today she was going to the potty and I went in (it was nap time, so of course she was trying to delay the inevitable). She had pooped, but I heard her playing in there. I went in to tell her she needed to hurry as it was time for bed. Her response? "So, do I need a pop or something?"

***

Anna-Kate spent most of yesterday in her ballet shoes and tu-tu (thanks Mimi!). She is absolutely obsessed with both. Anyway, she has this new song and dance she's doing. Song goes, "I a little butterfly, I a little butterfly, (repeat about 12 times) of the WOOOOOORLD!" as she dances around in a circle. Then she added in some "step, kick and twirls" to mix it up a little. (if only this were on video! I'll try to get it soon). So, last night she was showing Chris her dance, but wanted him to participate. Now, Chris hasn't been feeling well the last couple of days, so he declined to dance to "I'm a little butterfly". He did however let her dress him up in her un-used dress-up clothes. Quite a sight. In fact, I had to take a picture. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

He is such a great sport--and a great dad. I'm a lucky Mama and wife!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Katie said...

SOOO funny Janelle! Oh you have got to write the thermometer story in her baby book! Classic!

Love,
K

Gil House said...

OMG i am sitting in the middle of class reading your blog, seriously crying trying to contain my tears of laughter!!!! your kid is one in a million!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

This is how "playing doctor" got such a bad reputation.
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Laughing, laughing, laughing. How did everyone react?!

Jenny

The Bartons said...

O MY GOSH- i just read the Dr. incident to matt and we are both sitting here LOL........hilarious. I wish i could have been there.
i miss you friend!!

Leslie said...

That is a story for the "funny" book!

Chris, I think you should wear that outfit to work tomorrow!