Saturday, February 28, 2009

My favorite laugh from yesterday and update

So it's been a long week. Anna-Kate's been sick and Ryan has officially dropped down to 1 nap--which means mornings have been long as he's adjusted to losing that hour of sleep. (Did I mention I rarely left my four walls??) But, there have been some great moments and having sick kids really makes you stay home and have to focus on kids and family--we had some sweet moments this week. :) And, Anna-Kate is officially healed and raring to go--thank you Jesus!

***

Yesterday I was making lunch for all of us. Anna-Kate very politely asked me for some milk and I told her to wait as I was tearing Ryan's sandwich into pieces. A couple of minutes later she politely asked again, but I was making my sandwich, so I told her to wait a minute. A few minutes later I had sat down and taken the first bite of my sandwich, so, when she asked for milk, I asked her to please be patient (and if you know me, you know my sandwiches are really good, but I hate putting them down mid-bite since things move around and I need a little bit of everything in every bite. I know OCD.). I finished my sandwich (completely forgetting about her request for milk) and looked up at her. She was sitting at the table with her chin resting on her hands staring off into space. I said, "whatcha thinking about babe?". Her response? "Oh, I just thinking about my milk". I laughed so hard, poor thing.

***

Last night Chris took me out to dinner for my birthday. We had such a lovely time at SoHo! We went to a new (to us) restaraunt and had some calamari (which was fantastic) and had roasted lamb leg with orzo pasta and spinach. I'm not usually a fan of cooked spinach, but I really enjoyed every bite. It was the special of the night, and we were worried it would be really expensive, but, it ended up being very reasonable (one of the cheapest things on the menu! And, their wine was only $3 a glass, so that was so fun!!), which was fantastic! After, we went to Coldstone Creamery for dessert (we had a gift card from Christmas which was super!). We hit up Target to make a return and just walked around for a bit...it was so nice. And, I think I enjoyed it even more since it was my first time out of the house in a few days. :)

2 comments:

Gil House said...

could she be any cuter???!!! "oh, i was just thinking about my milk." HILARIOUS! glad you and chris had fun last night. you deserved it!

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

So Michael and I were crackin up at Anna Kate's "milk incident". "Oh just thinkin about my milk. . " Love it. we got a good laugh out of that one!