Thursday, May 21, 2009

Disney-part 1

I'm on quick to update. The weather has been quite, umm, rainy. As in, Orlando's gotten nearly 8 inches since we've been here. I'm not gonna lie, it's been a huge pain--we've spent a lot of time wearing rain poncho's (and having to cover our stroller in one) but we've had an absolute blast! Rain is not for the weak, so we have powered through, and others have not. Therefore, lines have been relatively short and we've gotten to ride everything we wanted multiple times. All of the shows have been open, and they've been amazing. (we've seen short-version, Broadway quality Beauty and the Beast, Nemo, and Lion King. THe kids have had a ball. I've actually teared up a number of times just seeing the excitement, wonder and awe in their eyes. When we walked in to Magic Kingdom for the first time Anna-Kate was just beside herself. We have gotten pictures with Minnie and princesses, and she's been so brave (you can tell it makes her nervous, but she so desperately wants the picture to put on her french board in her room).

We had a great birthday celebration at Magic Kingdom. (Mickey actually sent her a letter and a button to wear, which she's worn every day). The food has been amazing. Yum. Thankfully I've walked about 12 million miles a day, so I'm guessing it's all been burned off. I have managed to sweet talk my way into free mouse ears for Anna-Kate, some cookies and 16 fastpasses (if unfamiliar, they are an automatic free trip to the front of the ride line--quite a valuable piece of paper).

I'll update with pictures when I get home. Suffice it to say, the rain can't stop us! We are powering through, and having a blast doing it! :)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday AK! It sounds like you are having a great celebration!Can't wait to see pictures.

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

I WANT TO COME TO DISNEY WORLD!!!!! I can't wait to take Elli there! Can't wait to see pics.