Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ahhh!

Last night we met 3 other families at the pool and had pizza delivered. One of the girls brought margaritas for the ladies--I'd say a great way to spend a Friday night! The water was a little cold for me (never fear, I got completely in as my friends' kid fell out of her little boat in the dead center of the pool while my friend was in the bathroom. Convenient for her? I think so!). Anywho, my kids loved the water. In fact, we had to drag Anna-Kate out (blue lipped and shivering saying, "I not cold mama") and keep Ryan from diving in. No first step pacing like his sister did last summer. The boy wants all the way in! Ahhh, a schedule-free Friday night spent with family and friends.

Beautiful Saturday. I mean, bottle it and sell it, there never was weather so perfect as today. This morning was cool and sunny, perfect for perusing/selling at our neighborhood garage sale. I scored (for $2!) a never opened dvd, "Father of the Bride". I am so excited to have it since Chris threw away all of my old VHS (I mean, we have no VCR, so it only made sense). Now, all I need is Anne of Green Gables and Avonlea and I'll be set! I didn't make that much, like $22 I think, but I got rid of stuff and it forced me to clean out the closets. The rest will be donated. Ahhh, I love the feeling of clean.

I am currently baking a chocolate cake to take to a low country boil tonight. Word on the street is that my friend acquired fresh shrimp from Savannah (where she's from). Jealous? The gathering is Ryan's playgroup and all of the families. We thought it would be fun for the daddies to get to meet each other. I am super excited! Pics to come. :) Ahhh, a relaxing Saturday night with family and friends!

Tomorrow is church. I am singing in the ensemble at church. The music minister at my church said on Wednesday (practice), "OK Janelle, solo for you". Then added, "I like to throw my newbies in head first!" (this is my first time singing ensemble at this church). I'm a little nervous...it's been years since I've had a solo. Yikes! Afterwards, we are heading to my grandparents' house to meet my parents for a yummy Sunday dinner (you know, dinner, a " big formal lunch" here in the South, it's what we do on Sundays.). Tomorrow evening will be spent with our small group from church doing some prep work for VBS. Evidently it involves painting. Which, as you know, I am not creative. Ahh, a Lord's day full of quality time spent with family and fellow believers.

One quick quotable. We were sitting at the table in the kitchen eating lunch. Anna-Kate was talking and mid-sentence happened to look up and notice the overhead light was off. She stopped what she was saying and said, "Mommy, I can't see, it so dark in here, the light is off." I explained that in fact, it had not ever been on. She responded, "well, you need to turn it on then, I can't see".

2 comments:

Jana said...

Don't you just love Summer! Sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Chris said...

That shrimp was AMAZING, i literally ate my weight... all 125 lbs of it.