Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My favorite time of day

...is 8pm. (No, not because I'm kid-free). (Well, that's a little part of it, but certainly not the main part or point).

No matter what kind of day we've had, be it filled with laughter, tears, tantrums, lots of discipline, fights or fun, at 8 o'clock I rock my boy, sing to him and pray with him. He gives me big baby-open-mouthed kisses and he snuggles with me. You know how baby's nestle in your neck? The best thing ever. Then I read, sing and pray with my daughter who, without fail gives me a series of kisses, wraps her arms around me in a tight hug and says, "I really love you a lot Mommy" and smiles (sometimes sleepy, but often not...) sweetly as I leave her room.

I close the door wondering what the next day will bring. Thankfully, the Lord has blessed me exceedingly and each day brings more laughter, joy and love than the day before. And, even though days are often interspersed with tantrums, fights and tears, nevertheless, at the end of the day it's all about family and love.

3 comments:

The Levy's said...

So true girl!

Tate Family said...

Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love this entry Janelle...so very true. Precious moments!!!

Jenny