Friday, May 15, 2009

Mermaid party

Today was (finally) the long anticipated birthday party. I finally got so annoyed with her asking every five minutes when her party was that I made a calendar for her of May. We had her family party in Macon last weekend, her school party, "mermaid" party and leave for Disney and we've been putting stickers on each morning. It's actually been a lot of fun. (on a side note, been working on simple addition/subtraction too...). :)

The weather has said forever that it was supposed to rain today. Unfortunate as it was a pool party. My friend asked what "plan B" was, I said, coloring in the clubhouse...and praying for no rain. I was a bit stressed out trying to get it all done and get us all packed for a week at Disney (we leave tomorrow morning at 9). Y'all know how OCD I can be about these things (I'm usually completely packed a solid 48-72 hours before I leave to go anywhere). Anyway. It's all done now.

We had Little Caesar's pizza, (nothing but the best!) fresh carrots, tomatoes and ranch (an absolute fav of Anna-Kate's, even without the dip) Blue Bell (is there any other kind!?!) stawberries and cream icecream and cake. The kids had a blast swimming while the parents chatted and poured sweat as the AC was not working in the clubhouse. O well, it was a beautiful day.

The cake. I recognize that I am not an artist and have no creative ability, so I stuck with the basics and didn't even attempt a face. Anna-Kate did not notice the missing face.

Photobucket

Swimming. I was proud of her for getting in by herself for the first swim of the year. She actually kicked her way across the whole pool! I wasn't particuarly interested in getting in (it was coooold) plus Chris and I were keeping up with Ryan. I'd say she was well protected...she has on floaties, a noodle and an inner tube...

Photobucket

A shot of all the parents and kids gathered around the stair area. I do love this about our pool--there is a lot of "stair real-estate".

Photobucket

How Ryan enjoyed the pool:

Photobucket

And finally, a picture of me with my BIG THREE YEAR OLD!! I can't believe how fast the years have flown by. What a nerd, I totally just teared up writing that. Wow.

Photobucket

***

When she got up from her nap she asked if it was time for her mermaid party. I said it was in one hour--how long sesame street is. She said, "I can't wait that long, never. I can't wait 2 minutes, or even 1 minute!" (Oh, the drama). Can I tell you how excited she was??

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her anticipation & enthusiasm! "I can't even wait two minutes...or one minute." Too cute! ;) Sounds like it was a blast & praise God for no rain!!!! Love the pics - esp the one of you w/ your baby girl. You're so right ~ how time flies. It has jet engines and wings!!!!

Jenny

kelly said...

oh, happy birthday, anna-kate! what a lucky lucky girl you are....three parties AND disneyworld. live it up, sweet thing!

Tate Family said...

Love the pictures and synopsis! She is a hoot!! Our babies are no longer.

The Levy's said...

Hannah had a blast - she slept until 8:45 AM on Saturday - Thanks again for a great time - AND the insiders guide to discounted FORMULA!

April said...

That cake was amazing!! Will you make one for my birthday?