Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!

It's been a jam-packed weekend. Yesterday, we drove to Macon for Anna-Kate to attend a birthday party (of my college roommates' daughter), naps at my parents' house, the whole extended family came over for a cookout to celebrate mothers day and May birthdays (where AK got princess dress-up, some new books, and a room for her dollhouse), kids to bed, then Chris and I went to celebrate my friends' husbands graduation from med school. Then, we went back to my parents, packed up the kids and drove home--arriving a few minutes after midnight. A very fun day, but extremely full of activities!

I'm beat, how 'bout you?

I fell into bed not to even roll over until, at 7:46, Anna-Kate came into my room giggling with a card she decorated for me and Chris following with breakfast. I'm ashamed to say the first thing out of my mouth was, "why are you in here this early?". I opened the card, gave my girl a big thank you and kiss, then rolled over and went back to sleep. For 45 minutes. We were late to church. Oh, and my coffee was quite cold by this point.

Church was sweet as the two-four years old got up to recite their catechisms. Anna-Kate sat there on the front row with her friend Natalie, neither saying a word (though we practiced last week and she knows them...) until the last word, Anna-Kate, fully solemn said, "glory" (to answer the question, "why did God make you and all things?" "for His own glory") then ran down the aisle and jumped in my lap. Chris took us to Uncle Julios for lunch (a Mexican restaraunt near our church that makes fresh hot tortillas. For any friends living in Texas, do not take this delicious treat for granted. YUM.) We came home, played with the kids, then all of us took naps. Except me, I layed in bed, but I can't nap, so here I am.

***

A nugget from this weekend.

At the dinner table Anna-Kate repeatedly complained that her belly ached (and kept ripping them...). So I took her to the bathroom to see if that would help. She said, "no, I not need to go poo-poo, I think I should just sit at the table and not eat my cake. I prolly should open some presents though." (she got all of her family birthday presents last night--on cloud nine because of said presents--thanks to all!)

No comments: