Friday, May 8, 2009

Wow, I never realized...

...just how OCD I am. I mean, I knew, but I didn't know.

Today has been a really full day. Anna-Kate's friend from church, Natalie, (and her mommy, my friend Christy) came over this morning to play. Poor Ryan trooped around trying to follow the girls as they played dress up and doll house. He finally gave up and came downstairs to sit with the mamas and bang a cup on the floor. It's the little things people, that's all he needs. :)

Anna-Kate and Natalie playing outside:

Photobucket

After they left and we had lunch, I realized I was missing an ingrediant (for which I had to get baking done during naps) so I schlepped the kids to Publix (where we saw a firetruck and Anna-Kate said, "we should prolly go check that out Mom.) to get evaporated milk. UGH. I hate not having what I need (this goes back to my point about being OCD...). Anyway, got the kids down for naps and began baking for the weekend (we are celebrating mothers day and Anna-Kate's and my mom's birthday tomorrow in Macon, so I am doing the baking). As I was cleaning up, I went to put a pyrex measuring cup away and what I saw made me shudder (Not really. Well, kinda.). My spices, (kept underneath my pyrex cups which are perfectly nestled according to size)were in all sorts of dissaray--as in knocked over, not in a line etc. I keep them alphabetical so I can find them (that's normal, right? Makes them easy to find?)I started to re-organize them then told myself I didn't have time since I still need to clean all 3 bathrooms, dust and vacuum before the kids wake up (what am I doing blogging!?!). I walked away and literally couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't help myself, so right then, I took them all out and fixed it.

Ahh, now isn't that better? I can breathe again.

Photobucket

Then, with the duplicate spices (because I'm building my stock pile--buying in bulk when things are on sale and using coupons to get them for free or near free and storing them for when I need them, hoping to never have to run to Publix for just one thing and NEVER having to pay full price for anything...)I took them to the garage where I've been keeping (fully organized, of course) all of these things:

Photobucket

Whew, now I gotta get cleaning!

3 comments:

Mom said...

My house is waiting for your magic wand this weekend!

Chris said...

I keep telling her, wait till mice get in our garage and terrorize all that food.

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

Um. please come to my house and organize my life.