Friday, May 29, 2009

Health update/stats...and CVS.

We had both kids' well-baby appointments this morning.

Ryan is in the 15% for weight!!! Woo-hoo! His head is still hanging out in the 95% and his height dropped to 5%. Hrm. Evidently he should have a growth spurt soon. My poor kids...height probably isn't going to be their forte in life. The dr. said he was perfectly fine and healthy and proceeded with his shots. In regards to the spiking fevers he's had, she said they are unrelated and just random virus' he has picked up. And, while unfortunate, nothing to be too concerned with. While it's good nothing is really wrong, it's frustrating and scary that he goes from perfectly fine to 103/104 temps in the matter of an hour.

Anna-Kate is perfectly healthy as well. 50% for weight (where she's been since about 6 months) and 35% for height. For the first time she didn't have to be stripped down to her panties for the appt, they gave her a hospital gown (a "Cinderella dress up time" the nurse told her. Wouldn't you know I had to work to take that gown off with her crying?? Geesh.). She got her blood pressure taken and it's low, like mine, so I guess that's good. All in all, a great appt for both.

I feel so blessed to have two healthy kids. As a reward for being absolute angels (seriously, I was quite proud. They were sweet, giggled and played quietly the whole time we were waiting/with the dr and nurse.) I got them a hot pretzel at Target to split while I returned something.

So, CVS. I've decided to try and get on the bandwagon and partake in all the deals/freebies to be had in the drugstore game. Walgreens isn't cutting it for me as much anymore and there was a fantastic deal to be had at CVS this week (neutrogena, if you are interested in more deets, ask). I went to three CVS' and spent about 40 minutes combined looking for said product. UGH. My kids were pretty good during, but come on, I was getting impatient! I finally had a store call all of the surrounding stores to find some for me. The last store in our area (figures) had 4 left and said they would hold 2 for me (need two to get the deal). I hauled it over there, purchased, and no ECB's (CVS free $$) popped out. I had them call the mgr, it was a huge ordeal and she basically said, "sorry, better luck next time". I was FURIOUS. I told her to cancel my transaction, then when the mgr left I had the cashier re-ring it, and, for whatever reason, my ECB's popped out and I had my $6 profit and it made all my irritation a little less. I'm about to swear the place off because I have never had an incident free shopping trip there before. But, I'll give it at least a few more weeks before I throw in the towel. Wish me luck! :)

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

BOOOO for the CVS fiasco, although it does sound familiar. It's hit or miss there most days. I try to stick to my favorite cashiers. I looked @ a couple stores for the Neutrogena but quickly gave it up...another deal, another day.