Friday, December 17, 2010

I wept

Alternate title: Time, I thought I told you to stop!

Anna-Kate couldn't contain herself with excitement yesterday and gave us our Christmas present, she had made at school, last night. It was a calendar made up of her hand prints into various seasonal things--precious. The front cover did me in though.



{"Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls
But everyday I'm growing big
And soon I"ll be so tall
Then all those tiny hand prints
Will be hard to recall
So here's a special hand print
Just so that you can say
This is how my fingers looked
When I placed them here today"}

A couple of my favorites:



2 comments:

Leslie said...

Whatt a great idea! Where is that poem from? I started reading it and realized, I have it memorized from somewhere. I just can't remember where it's from.

Anonymous said...

I love this present!! It is very sweet. :)
Teri