Monday, December 20, 2010

The tradition lives on...

...only by my fierce determination.

Today we visited Santa. I don't know what I was thinking, waiting until the week of Christmas, it was a zoo. Chris and I "divided and conqured" (though, I believe by the end of it, we were conquered, but whatever). I took the kids to wait for Santa while he waited in the line for the pink pig. I was very happy with the smiles (I will do a year by year comparison of Santa pictures soon...should be fun.) I asked Anna-Kate what she was going to ask Santa for (gotta make sure we're all on the same page, afterall) and she said, "mom, I am asking for a Rapunzel dress, I've told you like twenty times!". Ryan couldn't decide between Cranky the crane and Henry the train. The big kids giggled when Santa asked Jack what he wanted--it was cute. (Bonus, no tears!)

My girl smiled the whole time (I may or may not have told her she couldn't ride the pink pig if she didn't smile...)



I love how intently she is telling him about the princess dress she wants.



Hugs for Santa!



We then headed up stairs to join Chris in the insane chaos line. All told, we were in line three hours (with Chris being there for almost all of it except when he left to bring Chick-fil-a back to the line!!) to ride that blasted pig! Part of me wanted to leave (so very much of me, in fact) but I knew we wouldn't make it over there again (it's so far!) and I knew I'd be mad at myself if we didn't have this tradition continued. So, I present our memory for Christmas 2010. Priscilla, the pink pig.



Anna-Kate was crying because I told her she could choose any of the seats that were left for us (she wanted the front, naturally). We got the last seats, in the middle.



I about lost it when they weren't going to let Jack ride because we hadn't bought him a ticket and only two people are allowed to a seat. I calmly and rationally told the man exactly what I thought about that. Thankfully, the kind people in front of us offered to move up a row so we could all fit and the guy let Chris ride with Jack, (next to him, not on his lap) Ryan in the middle by himself, and Anna-Kate and I last. Ugh.

See how little he is? No nap, sitting on his own, and still smiling! Love that boy!

No comments: