Tuesday, December 14, 2010

V is for victory!

Aaaaaaand, we have a winner! We've been really struggling to get Jack interested in taking a sippie cup. {Chris rolls his eyes at the amount of cups we have bought in an attempt to find something, anything, that he would drink from, besides a bottle}. He will drink from the Nuby, but that requires me to hold him and the cup as if it were a bottle which is not helping the situation.

So, I present to you, our winner. A cup with a straw = love. (now, if I were to when I forget his cup, he can drink from anything when we're out in public.)



As I took Jack's picture, Ryan asked for his picture to be taken too. He either smiles and looks away or looks at the camera with no smile. Sigh.



Anna-Kate did her big sister role by saying, "I can follow directions Mommy, look Ryan, I'm smiling and looking, see?". Such a firstborn. They were eating homemade applesauce ("apple pie applesauce". It smells like apple pie and Anna-Kate started calling it that. Who am I to change the name when they scarf it down as if it were dessert?). She said, "oooh, I just love this and it is so sweet, I can see the brown sugar!" (There is none, it was cinnamon and apples that simmered all afternoon, that's it.) She then said, "it tastes just like cherries, right?" Umm, no.

2 comments:

Dance411 said...

yaah for the cup, lucky you, i will have to try that. so far she refuses it and the nuby nipple is so darn big

The Bartons said...

coming from your speech therapist friend....it's actually better that Jack just skipped the sippy cup altogether anyways :) sippies basically act like a next step bottle as far as how the child pulls the liquid out of it, so if you're really trying to get them to drink from a cup, they should just try to cup/straw sip and forego the sippy! (and yes, I realize a lot of the love for sippies is b/c it's easier for parents as far as mess goes, etc.)
so yay for jack making the better choice :)