Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dora

Have you ever seen Dora? It's currently Anna-Kate's fav. All of the catchy tunes (Read: gets stuck in my head) she loves to sing. In fact, in case you're unfamiliar with the main song, the words:

"Come on vamanos, everybody let's go, come on let's get to it, I know that we can do it! Where are we going? _____! (fill in blank for that day's adventure), where are we going? ______________! Where are we going? _________!

So, every time we go anywhere or do anything I hear that song followed by what we're doing. For example.

Me: Anna-Kate, let's go upstairs it's time for your nap.
AK: "Where are we going, upstairs! Where are we going upstairs!" etc.

***

Last night I said it was time to start picking up her toys to go to bed.

AK: "No mommy, it's not night time."
ME: Yes it is and it's time to go to bed.
AK: "It's not time to go to bed because I say it's not nighttime. It's time to go to work. Let's work. Joseph is at work. I go to work. I Mary princess Mommy".

Fortunately, she forgot earlier stated argument and there was a non-issue of going to bed. :) Love that kid.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ella Ann is absolutely in love with Dora. It drives me nuts! I lay in bed at night and sing that song! We'll be walking in Target and she'll say, "Come on Mommy, Vominos!" My parents even bought her a Dora cd with all of the show's songs on it....talk about a nightmare, but she loves it. :) We should put her and AK in a room together, shut the door, and let them listen to that awful cd!

Love,
K

Anonymous said...

Those songs get stuck in my head, too!! I love how AK incorporates the song into daily life. (:

Jenny