Thursday, January 15, 2009

My heart is full to overflowing.

Yesterday was such a good day. It was one of those days were there's a happy song singing in your head all day and everything your kids do is sweet and wonderful. Oh, if every day could be like yesterday.

We skipped Bible study because it was so blasted cold, and stayed home and played all day in our jammies. By all day, I mean, we took the jammies off to get in the bathtub last night then put them back on to go to bed. Anyway, the kids played so sweetly together. Anna-Kate was down on her hands and knees crawling with Ryan and they were both just belly laughing as they crawled in circles chasing each other. We read stories and all cuddled together on the bed in the warm blankets. Everyone ate their lunch and dinner without a problem with nice manners and we watched "Ryan's show" (his new baby einstein) together. They both slept from 1:30-4:45...it's amazing how good you can feel when you get that much time to be productive and be alone. I got a lot of monogramming done for a girl from church, cleaned my house and was able to watch a little TLC while I was sewing for fun.

Days like yesterday make me so thankful. My heart was near bursting last night as I watched my kids and my husband enjoying each other. It is such the simple things in life that bring the greatest satisfaction. I am so thankful for the family God has given me, and overwhelmed by how quickly time passes. I read somewhere a while ago that days drag by and years fly by....it's so true. Ryan is almost 1 and Anna-Kate will be 3 before I know it. I need to be better about savoring the precious moments, and even the not so sweet ones too.

Do you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those days. I'm glad you had such a great one, Janelle! (: So very true about the days dragging on and the years flying by. I've never heard that saying before but wow, so true!!!! Thanks for that AWESOME email you sent me. :)

Jenny

Tate Family said...

That's awesome, Janelle. You deserved a wonderful day! :)

I'm still working on the whole thankfulness concept when a crummy day comes along. Easy to have a good attitude when everything's smooth sailing. HA! ;) Baby steps, baby steps.