Thursday, January 1, 2009

I've been promoted....

to an angel. :) Her "son baby Jesus" is always lost and she is perpetually looking for Him. O ya, and she isn't just Mary, she's "Mary princess" and don't tell her otherwise. (Oh, and Mimi, purple baby is now Mary baby) I love that she really remembers the Christmas story and what Christmas is all about.

Today, as I've been packing up our Christmas decorations, she asked why it was all going away. I said, "well, Christmas is over and we have to put it all away until next year". Her response? "NO! Christmas not over, I not ready for it to go away!" A girl after my own heart. It pains my soul to put away all of the decorations. I love Christmas so much and find myself mildy depressed (not really) after my pretty house goes back to normal. And plain. Speaking of which, I need new ideas for my mantel. I am so bored of it. For anyone reading, thoughts, ideas??

Yesterday, Anna-Kate and I went on a little "Mommy/daughter date" to, where else, Target. :) We split a pretzel (with "special" mustard sauce), played with and looked at all the toys, and had a really fun time just being "us girls" as she says. She loves to have one-on-one time with me and loves to play with and look at the new toys at Target. She also always asks to have a big pretzel when we go in--so we killed 3 birds, one stone. My kinda efficiency. :)

So, we sat down to eat and I said that we needed to pray and thank Jesus for the pretzel.

AK: "God is good. God is...Wait. I can't say this. This not bread Mommy".
Me: "It's OK honey, we can pray to God using any words we want. We can even just say, 'thank you Jesus for this yummy pretzel!'"
AK: "Oooooh. Thank you for pretzels Jesus!!"

Such a sweet teaching moment, and of course, I had to laugh too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aren't Mommy/kid dates the best?! Her prayer was so sweet. She really wanted to be proper about that bread vs. the pretzel!

I am the same way about Christmas...I feel sad when it's all over & done with, but I always look forward to the freshness of a New Year as well. Happy New Year!

Jenny