Saturday, January 3, 2009

My poor sweet boy!

Alternate title: MOTHER OF THE YEAR and it's only January 3.

So Chris and Anna-Kate went to Duncan Donuts to get breakfast. We figure we'll eat better in '09, but might as well go out with a bang. Well, and we had a giftcard to use first. :) I hadn't gotten to wash my hair yesterday, so I got a basket of toys for Ryan in the bathroom and hopped in the shower. He is so sweet and entertains himself so well, I didn't think anything of him being quiet. Until I noticed him stuffing both hands in his mouth. So, covered in shampoo and soap I opened the shower door to see what he was eating. What did I see, my poor boy covered in BLOOD. I did the most logical thing at the time--scream! What else are you to do? This of course scared him and he burst into hysteric tears. I jumped back in the shower madly trying to get shampoo out of my hair then got out dripping wet. I picked him up and rushed him to the sink trying to get the blood off his face, hands, jammies (ignoring the wall, floor, bathrug etc.). Then I saw it. A razor. I keep a razor in the tub for those nights I just feel like a long soak, but I had moved it way back and (what I thought) out of his reach. Well, he pulled a Macguyver on me and got it. Thankfully, he had only cut his right hand pointer finger, but I couldn't get the blood stopped for a while. We were about to go get stitches when it stopped. Praise the Lord.

Chris came back in the midst of my phone call with the ped and then started freaking out that Ryan had swallowed the razor.

Between the two of us, we are rational first and foremost afterall. :)

*****

In other Ryan news, Chris was holding him waiting for the tub to fill up and had to quickly move him to the potty if you know what I mean....and low and behold, he peed on the potty for the first time this week. Ahh, he's so advanced--ha!

3 comments:

Tate Family said...

OMGosh, Janelle. HOW SCARY!!!! :( I just knew you were gonna say it was a razor...I didn't even want to read any further. Poor thing!

Don't beat yourself up. We all have "those moments."

Leslie said...

Wow that is scary! I'm glad he's allright.

it's so funny you posted this today because I did the exact same thing this morning! well, not exactly, but Sam cut his gum from gumming on a toy on his activity center while I was in the shower. the sight of blood can easily cause a panic reaction!

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, Janelle, that is so, so scary. I can't even imagine how frightened you must've been...and of course your reaction freaked him out! I'd have done the SAME thing. I'm glad he's okay.

Jenny