Monday, January 12, 2009

Irony and my melted heart.

It's funny. Today, we went to a MOMS Club meeting where a rep from the American Heart Association was speaking. Great talk on being heart healthy for families, women, kids--great. How to eat out better, excercise more efficiently, what to be aware of as far as strokes etc go. Quite informative.

What'd we do on the way home? Ya, we stopped at McDonalds.

In my defense, it was a friends idea. And, the kids ate applesauce and 100% juice.

***

In unrelated news, I saved $34 and change off my grocery bill yesterday with coupons etc. That was exciting.

***

In my favorite news of the week...last night we were at our church small group. Babysitters didn't show up so the big kids (interesting that AK is now considered a "big" kid) were watching a show, but the little ones were in with the adults. Ryan was playing by himself and crawling around. Then, he looked up and made eye contact with me, crawled straight to me and cuddled up (I was sitting on the floor). He put his little head on my stomach/lap/arm area and nuzzled (I know, precious), then, he said, "mama". Twice. He's been saying "mama" forever, but this was the first time that it was a real connection to me specifically. Melt my heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTG on the grocery coupon savings - that's awesome! I still haven't figured out how to save so much @ the grocery story. "CVS'ing" I get...still working on the grocery savings.
Love the irony of the heart-health talk & the McD's trip...but at least there are some healthy (healthier?) options now!
And how sweet that Ryan's such a snuggly boy and called you Mama (and meant it). I love those precious moments. (:

Jenny

Tate Family said...

McDonald's = perfectly fine! Don't sweat it...although, I don't sense that you are.

Love me some coupons! I need you to teach me the WAGS system! ;)