Friday, July 24, 2009

Amazing what a little motrin will do

So we were homebound today (except for mine and Anna-Kate's jaunt to the pediatrician. We were informed that she has a viral stomach bug and a viral throat inflamation. Super. Poor thing has been just miserable). Anyway, it's been going around. I went to Publix to get a box of Pedialyte popsicles (as she will not drink pedialyte) the pharmacist (yes, they are behind the counter as they were getting stolen. Seriously? Where is this country????)said I was getting her last box. Geesh, it's July, remember? So we laid low today. My amazing husband kept Ryan home so I could concentrate on just holding Anna-Kate and keeping her comfortable at the doctor. Good thing, the throat culture/swab didn't go over so well...

After we came home and Chris left for work, we went upstairs to play. Here is her highness, Miss Priss, about 2 hours into a dose of Motrin. Yes, she is wearing three tu-tu's.




I don't think there's much I can say about her outfit choice except, wow. She would tell you that she's Aurora, Sleeping Beauty (though she's never seen the movie). My girl spends all waking time at home that she isn't eating in full princess get up (that would include, a crown, wand/sceptor, dress and heels!). What does it say that my 3 year old wears heels more often than I do? Hmmm.

Her favorite thing to do right now is jigsaw puzzles. She does them for a solid 45minutes to an hour. "I did it again Mommy" are constant words I hear throughout the day.



I was going to upload some pics of Ryan playing and a video, but blogger is being poopy. After last night, I too am tired, so I think I'll go to bed and post his pictures tomorrow.

***

She is overall a little bit better today. No crazy high fevers, though without medicine she was at 102.2 when she woke up from her nap today. She has very little appetitite (ate a handful of plain cheerios for breakfast, 1/2 a pedialyte popsicle for a snack, a piece of toast with no butter (as requested) and 1/2 a banana for lunch and a couple of bites of a PB sandwich for dinner) and is still acting very tired and not her usual self. Thankfully, she has "Anna-Kate moments" as the doctor said (a few minutes of her personality breaking through every so often) so the doctor isn't worried about her. I'm trying to push fluids, which she is drinking, but the runs aren't slowing down much. Praying for a more restful night. I was up with her most hours of last night. I have washed all 3 sets of her sheets, my bathtub, the floor and toilet in the kids' bathroom 3 times, and Chris has washed the kids' bathtub twice. Sadly, the rest of my house is not nearly as clean. My hands are nearly raw from so much scrubbing trying to say germ free and then purelling on top of that. Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot better. So far, none of us (including Ryan--thankfully!) are showing any signs of getting it. Thanks so much for your prayers, we really appreciate them.

3 comments:

jillian said...

Poor baby! I just can't wait for Charlotte to dress up!!! (I will say I CAN wait for the sickies:) She is adorable Janelle and you are such a good Mommy.

Tate Family said...

What a pretty princess - even when sick. :( Bless her heart.

Katie said...

What a nightmare, Janelle. I hate stomach issues with kids! Yuck!
EA wears princess garb every single day as well...including wand and heels! I feel like we have the same kid! ha!