Thursday, July 23, 2009

Here we go again...

Anna-Kate woke up from her nap burning up. Underarm temp? 104.3 (for those unfamiliar with the underarm temp, add 1 degree!). I quickly gave her motrin and stuck her in front of a movie so I could call the ped. Of course it was 5:01 (literally.). I got her in a tepid bath. She got out twice for the runs...the last time she missed it. At least my bathtub is freshly bleached and shiny now.

We're going in tomorrow morning. I have strict instructions to wake her every 3-4 hours tonight and make her drink and monitor her temps. Should make for a restful night and great day tomorrow.

Pray for strength for me. Pray that Ryan doesn't get it (they were sharing a water earlier). Pray that Chris and I don't get it. Thankfully, it's the weekend soon, so Chris will be home to help. And, because my husband is amazing to me and a wonderful father, he offered to go in late tomorrow so I can just take Anna-Kate to the ped tomorrow and not have to take Ryan too (I always feel like the well one is contracting all sorts of things).

*** (on a separate note)

It's been a really hard day. I can't go into it all. We are really praying fervently about something right now and would love for you to join us, even with no information to go on. Will update when I can.

6 comments:

CoreytheGreat said...

Prayers being sent your way, for Anna-Kate and whatever else is going on; hope the doctors can come up with a quick prognosis and speedy recovery, and that we can get together soon!
- Whitney

Jonesey said...

Oh, I will pray for you. High Fevers make me ache! Also when I have sick kids I feel like I am just holding my breath until it's over. Just keep breathing and take one step at a time.

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

Hey girl
We'll be praying for yall for sure. Hope Anna Kate feels better. I know your exhausted. Praying it stays contained and she feels better!
andrea

Katie said...

Oh Janelle. I'm so sorry about AK. I hope she is better today. I will pray for her and you and Chris.

Love,
K

Tate Family said...

Can't wait for an update! Praying she is better. :( Update when you can.

Anonymous said...

Hey J - I'm just catching up on everyones' blogs now that we're back from vaca. I hope AK is feeling much, much better and the rest of you have been able to remain healthy. Also praying for you as you pray for wisdom and peace re: what you're going through as a family. Love!

Jenny