Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July

We had a wonderful day! We tried to go to the botanical gardens, but didn't realize until we got there that the streets were all blocked for the Peachtree roadrace. So frustrating! It ended up well as we went to my grandparents house for the morning. My grandparents love seeing the kids (and us, but you know.. :)) and we got chick-fil-a (including a peach milkshake) so a good morning. This marks the first time Anna-Kate has ever voluntarily climbed into Papa's lap to hang out. He was loving it.



Of course, Ryan wanted in on the action:



Then they moved to the kitchen to look at pictures...



After naps, we headed over to our friends' bash in their backyard. They grilled, had great drinks and (have the best yard in the neighborhood...) set up a slip-n-slide! Not a "real" one, a HUGE one. I thought for sure Anna-Kate would be too scared to try it, but she surprised me and loved it.



And went, like 50 times...(here, with her friend Hannah):



The cheering section, Ryan with his friend Jack:



Me and my boy:



Before I knew what had happened, Ryan was in the water. I had brought his swimsuit, but opted to keep it dry for him to have something to change into. So, I present my redneck son in all his diapered glory, having the time.of.his.life.






We put the kids down at 8 and went next door. The boys played baseball and the girls just chatted. I went up the hill behind us to yet another party that night. We had a great view of downtown and could see Six Flags fireworks as well.

We had a fantastic day...Happy birthday America!

6 comments:

Mom said...

Please e-mail the Papa photos. That AK showed such attention to him means oh-so-much.
Love,
Mom

Tate Family said...

What an AWESOME slip-n-slide. The REAL DEAL. :) The picture of AK sliding down is just perfect.

Tate Family said...

And PS: I don't know what it is, but I just don't like the new peach milkshakes. Joeie loves it! If I'm gonna have the calories, I'm getting the cookies-n-cream, darn it.

Southern Expressions said...

I don't either, the chocolate ones are so superior and annakate agrees---Chris Holton

Liz said...

Great pictures. I can't get over how similar Matthew and Ryan look. Can you believe how far Ryan has come with his weight? I'm sure you were so worried about him at the time and look at those legs...and those cheeks, he is SO cute. I also need to know where you got that adorable zebra print cup for Anna Kate, that's a must have for any girl! Looks like a great weekend! Talk to you soon.

Chris said...

I seriously watch this video everyday