Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A little late...

Most Fridays this summer we've gone to the pool, ordered pizza and hung out with a couple of families. To mix it up, I decided to host everyone here in our backyard (I use the term "host" loosely. By that I mean, everyone chipped in for pizza, brought their own beer and I only provided plates, napkins, brownies and crystal light--how much of a slacker am I?). Anyway, the kids had a blast, and I think the parents did too. :) We had 2 baby pools, a slip 'n slide, the playground and all sorts of balls and ride-on cars, what more could a kid ask for? :)

This is Ryan "swimming like a mermaid" as Anna-Kate calls it:



My kids at the slip 'n slide. Check out Ryan's belly, not "failing to thrive" anymore, huh? :)(Funny side note, you can tell when Ryan is full because his belly button, which is normally an "inny", pops, much like a pregnant woman.)



After dinner icecream cone, cause that's just how we roll evidently, as it seems to occur a lot in the summer... (another fun side note, we were walking into a store the other day and Anna-Kate said, "there's trash on the floor mommy. we don't throw trash on the floor, that not how we roll". I about died laughing.)



Me and my sweet boy. Notice the blue-ness of his lips, poor guy was shivering, but did not want to get out of the water/slip 'n slide.



Anna-Kate was running toward me just fully into the moment and I was trying to capture it.



Then she noticed the camera, so I told her to smile for me. Little ham.



Seriously? What are we gonna do in 10 or so years with this girl??



Minus Katie, my mommy friends there for the evening (Ashley, Heather, me, Sara). Evidently Sara missed the memo to wear a shade of blue/green. :) PS, how am I a FOOT shorter than everyone??? Geesh.



The "big" kids, Annie, Anna-Kate and Andrew shouting "doody", Anna-Kate's made-up word that all of her friends have picked up courtesy of her. (To all my friends, your welcome for that little gem. :) ).

Photobucket

No comments: