Monday, July 13, 2009

St Simons

or, my six year "reunion" from college. :)

Here is a group shot in from of Barbara Jeans--amazing (yet totally overpriced) seafood. YUM. Four of us lived together in college (though one was missing) and the rest all became good friends junior and senior year mostly. In our "hey day" we were known as the fab-10 (amazingly brilliant, I know). We are so scattered now--from Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Minnesotta, Colorado (and one missing in Germany!)

(Heather, Becca, Megan, Liana, me, Andrea, Sara).

We had a fabulous time! I slept until 10. (Did you hear me? 10???). It was amazing. We had english muffins and eggs and fruit and coffee, packed a cooler and hit the beach. The weather was perfect (like, nice and windy and I didn't even sweat!) and we read magazines and talked...at nights we went out to dinner, got icecream, rented movies and one night, went to Ziggy's. (a bar/dance place with "shaggin" music--think Mertyle Beach music--where we were among the youngest. :)

Two of my roommates. Megan (34 weeks pregnant) and Liana (her kids are the exact same age and gender as my kids--lots of fun!).


We had a wonderfully restful time (despite sharing a queen sized water bed. Ya, I didn't know they still existed either). These are sweet friends.

***

My kids were wonderfully taken care of by my parents while I was gone. Mom had so many activities planned that when I told Anna-Kate I missed her and asked her if she missed me she said, "I had too much fun to miss you Mommy, but I do love you." I mean, can you blame her? Mom took them to see fish, chick-fil-a, the children's museum, Moe's, had the pool in the backyard, Sticky Finger's (yummy bar-b-que) for dinner...O well, it's a lesson for me in letting go and relaxing. Being a little off schedule and getting a bit spoiled is what grandparents are for. They made sweet memories and I'm thankful my parents were willing to keep them (Thanks so much Mom and Dad!).

Now, back to reality.

3 comments:

Gil House said...

can i come next year??? LOL. :) just saying ... 10am + beach + water bed = TOTALLY awesome. i'd be up for it. :)

Leslie said...

Sounds like fun! So great to have a girls trip with no kids!!

Tate Family said...

How fun! You can totally tell you had a blast.