Sunday, July 19, 2009

Take me out to the ballgame

Chris got tickets (read FREE night!) from work for 4 to the Braves/Mets game yesterday (side note, got a free parking pass--score, that's $12 these days!).

My boys:


Me and my girl:


My kids had a blast, though, to be fair, they ate the.whole.time. But, it's a baseball game, isn't that what it's really all about (all baseball fans are cringing right?)? Anna-Kate with 2 cherry tomatoes in her cheeks.


The highlight of the night for Anna-Kate would certainly be getting a bag (and eating about 80%) of cotton candy ("it's PINK mommy!").


Both kids totally got into doing the tomohawk chop. Anna-Kate repeatedly asked, "why they not do this thing?" (while doing her arm). My loves (Ryan doing the horizontal chop and AK distracted at the beginning by watching the kids above us with "real" tomohawks--"they keep hiding them" (ie, going back and forth, out of her sight):


We had wonderful seats (in the shade!) and it was low 70's--perfect. Such a fun family night (despite the extremely poor showing by the Braves). I love my family!

***

So, clearly, my kids' life is pretty well documented. Maybe too well documented. Today Chris and Anna-Kate were shelling and eating peanuts. She was having a hard time cracking them, then finally figured it out. She said, "mommy, you so proud of me?" I told her that indeed I was. She replied, "well, you want to take a picture of me now then?". LOL.

2 comments:

Katie said...

So fun Janelle!! I'm glad you all had a night out and that the weather was perfect....and relatively free! Yes, I totally agree in that baseball games are for eating....period. :)

Tate Family said...

What a *FUN* night - and can't beat free!! I just can't get over that AK LOVES cherry tomatoes. That is awesomely funny. :) Healthy girl...way to go, Mama!!