Sunday, July 26, 2009

Your tax money at work, amongst other things

So I decided to do all of my errands tonight so I could keep my kids secluded for 1 more day. I went to CVS to get all the free stuff. :) Here's what I got:
2 packs (150 count) paper
2 mini comp books
2 full size comp books (like what you had in chemistry class)
2 rulers
2 kids' scissors
2 binders
1 thing of push pins
1 colgate toothpaste

Total: $37.36
Total spent after ECB's, coupons: $1.06
Plus, I have $9 ECB's and rainchecks for later!

***

So, to our tax money.....after CVS I went to Publix. I was getting milk when this woman (with keys to a mercedes) walked up to me and asked if I would like for her to buy my milk. I asked her why she would want to do that. She said, "O WIC girl! I get 10 gallons a month and I only have 1 kid who will drink the stuff, so every time I come here I buy someone milk". So, she bought me 2 gallons. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but I figured in the long run I was kinda paying for it anyway, right?

Anyway, I was trying to do the Kraft rebate deal. However, Publix was out of the penny item today (hotdogs) so I had to go to customer service to see what they were gonna give me for a penny instead. While standing there, I put my receipt down and then left. I was SO peeved when I got home and realized it. I called back and thankfully, they picked up. The mgr said he would put it in an envelope for me to pick up tomorrow. So, will have to wait to get my rebate check one more day, and to post my savings. :)

1 comment:

Tate Family said...

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT JOB @ CVS!!