Thursday, July 30, 2009

A re-telling of Cinderella

...in the words of Anna-Kate. She is really into telling stories. She loves for us to make up stories, and she will indulge us at times too. This is how she prolonged bedtime tonight:

"Once there was a beautiful princess named Snow White. Wait, not snow white, Cinderella. Man, I funny! Cinderella was going on a walk (be-bop, be-bop--her sound effects). Then Anastasia jumped out at her and grabbed her dress and pulled it and made her sad. She and, what's her mean sisters' name Mommy? (I say, "Drezella") Right, Drazella, I call her 'Drelly' all the time. I funny Mommy and I call her Drelly. So Anastasia and Drelly pull her dress. Then Cinderella gets on a donkey (clip-clop, clip-clop) and rides away. ("A donkey?" I say, "where did she go on a donkey?") She go, wait, not a donkey, on a horse. Hahahahaha, I so silly. She got to a faraway castle and when she got there she danced with her daddy. (I asked, "are you sure it isn't her husband?") No, it her daddy. And they dance and Anastasia and Drelly say, "do we know her" and her hair is all pretty and like this (and puts her hand holding her hair in a bun) and her dress is blue. Then it's too late so she has to run home away from her daddy and he yelled "wait" but she kept going. Then Anastasia and Drelly were mean again. Then she lived happily ever after."

***

I took Anna-Kate with me on Tuesday to drop off all of my things to consign. While she was waiting (very patiently, I will add) she saw 2 things she insisted she needed ("please, please Mommy, get this for me, please mommy?!?!"). The first, a pair of pink (obvio) Hello Kitty rain boots (I cringed at the tackiness). The second, a "real" Snow White costume (hoop skirt and all). I told her I wasn't allowed to buy anything, but that I would look when I went back and see if I could find them and if they were a good price. Lucky for her, I was able to secure both. Double lucky for her, it pourded cats and dogs today so she was allowed to wear her rain boots out of the house. Here we are today (forgive my appearance, shower was low on the priority list because of aforementioned torrential downpour). She wore this all.day.long (except to eat, a house rule). Needless to say, the $4 I spent on the dress (from the disney store!) and $5 I spent on the boots made my little girls' day today. :)

Photobucket

Note the pitifulness of Ryan. He is still cutting his lower molars and has been quite snuggly in the time in between getting medicine and it working. Poor guy. :(

1 comment:

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

Oh my gosh! I love the pillowcase dress on your website!! I'm so glad to know you make them! My cousin had them on her little girl at my shower and I want to get one for EK. Will you have them for a while? She'll be 6mnths in Dec. would the 6-12 fit her for next summer? (she was born in June). What colors do you have.? I like to think im your favorite and most frequent customer...ha ha ha.