Friday, September 18, 2009

1 down, 2 to go.

Trimesters that is. :)

I woke up yesterday feeling horrible. I mean, 20 minutes in the bathroom horrible. Not knowing which end was higher priority horrible. YUCK. I drove the kids to school with 2 publix bags sitting on my lap (thankfully, they were not used). OK, enough of that.

Yesterday was my monthly OB appt (though for whatever reason I was closer to 13 than 12 weeks. Whatever). All is well. Baby H has a heartbeat (heartbeep, as Anna-Kate would say) of 150, so pretty right in the middle as far as old wives tales go. Though, everyone that has spoken an opinion to me thinks it is a girl. I'll let you know. You are welcome to weigh-in on that. :)

***

Last night I kept my friends' daughter while she was in the hospital having her little boy--congratulations Ashley!! The girls had such a fun time, and surprisingly, Ryan kept up pretty well.

***

Bonus section titled: Your Kids Really Aren't That Bad.

Today has been one of those days. Train wreck. tGif I say, Chris will be home in T minus 4 hours. By 9 am, Ryan had been in isolation two times, and we were late meeting a friend at a consignment sale. Thankfully, we rallied and had a good sale (though my friends' daughter was none too pleased to spend time with us, her Mama is evidently far superior. :) ).

Then there was the line. Oh, the line, that is what did us in. I found a bike and helmet (both princess) for Anna-Kate for Christmas. (Ya, I'm cheap like that, she doesn't know the difference. Yet.) So I"m standing there trying to keep the bike (with no training wheels) from tipping over, holding the helmet, a pair of shoes I found for Ryan, a big puffy winter coat for Ryan, a pair of tights, 2 books and a pair of pj's...it was quite the armful. Then, add in Ryan trying to climb on the bike and being too small, thus crying hysterically...that was how I spent about 30 minutes. I had people with kids of their own offer to let me go ahead of them (you know it's really bad then!). Anyway, I get there, ring me up and I write my check....then the lady says the words that sealed the deal on my morning, "just head over to that line and you can pay." She must have seen the look of absolute desperation in my eyes because she said, "well, here, I'll keep your stuff here so you don't have to carry it with you." Thanks for throwing me a bone lady. At this point, I added to the mix, not only was Ryan crying (so I finally picked him up with my hand now freed) but Anna-Kate decided she wanted in on the action. I physically cannot hold both of them right now in my fatigued state...it would have taken energy I need to reserve for tomorrow. So she began to cry that she just needs mommy to hold her. Again, people let us go ahead of them. Mortified, yep, that was me!

We were about 5 minutes from where Chris works so I called to see if he wanted to meet us for lunch (at this point, not so much about eating, more about me regaining a portion of my sanity). He declined (can you blame him?) and said he had packed a lunch. Why didn't I think of that excuse??

Thankfully, both are down and, I'm hoping, asleep. The only thing that could top this off is Ryan throwing up tonight. But then, that wouldn't be so suprising, now would it? :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

Sorry babe, that healthy/free lunch was calling.

What do you want me to bring home or take you to dinner to?

Love u!

The Levy's said...

Chris - you get props for reading this before going home. I applaud you for that! She needs roses - LOTS of them - after this mornings antics! Also, any type of dinner will suffice as long as she doesn't have to cook it :)! Janelle - I got your back her girlfriend!

Sara said...

don't you just love it when people offer you to go ahead of them - humiliating a little bit, but oh so nice of people!! I have had that happen to me several times and I only have one kid! Can't wait to see what happens with two! Ugh!