Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Counting my blessings

So, I've been quite outspoken about how tired I am. Instead of whining, I will add a bit to the story and tell you a bit more about why I've been so tired (You're on the edge of your seat, aren't you?).

My business has kept me ultra busy lately. How great is that?? I am so thrilled to have the business, and the Lord keeps providing more people, for which I am so thankful! My latest business opportunity came randomly last week. I received an email from a friend--who received said email from a friend of a friend (did you get that? Basically, she does not know the originator of the email). Anyway, basically, there is a woman starting a business of boutique line burp cloths who lives about 2 miles away from me. She has been doing this since May, but has just gotten her site up and running--and sent an email to everyone she knew to announce it. My friend sent it to me as a "you've got competition" kinda email. I read it, and immediately noticed she did not have anyone doing her monogramming (not that I'm crazy astute, she plainly said, "I don't currently have monogramming capabilities, but am hoping to get some soon"). So, I dropped her an email and said I would love to do her embroidery for her if she was interested. She emailed me back hours later.

Long story short, she has 1,000 burp cloths that were designed and made specifically for her business that she is selling wholesale to boutiques, and through her business, Sophia Originals, to the public, and I will do all of her monogramming. Yay! She came over today and brought her samples for me to monogram so she can put them on her website. I'll take pics and post them when I'm done

(Feel free to sit all the way back in your chair, my exciting story is now over). :)

2 comments:

The Levy's said...

That is awesome! Congratulations! Now GO TO BED! :)

Katie said...

That is great Janelle! Man, I was pooped with 3 days of nonstop busyness....good luck to ya sister! :)