Monday, August 31, 2009

So.tired.

So, if you were the person I recently told that I was still sick often, but wasn't feeling that Imustsitdownandfighttokeepmyeyesopenwhilemychildrenareawake feeling anymore, I lied. Sorry about that. There are no words. I'm tired. Always. I got in bed before 10 last night, fell asleep with all of the lights on and the tv on (I think?) and didn't wake up again (not even to pee, thank you Jesus!) until 7:55 this morning.

Wanna know my first thought upon waking up? Gosh, it can't possibly be morning, I'm way too tired for it to already be morning. But alas, it was. Up and at 'em. (after a mere 9 hours of sleep.) Sigh.

I was up until 1:30 am Friday night preparing for the shower, I'm getting too old for that craziness. :) Had the shower Saturday, then re-cleaned for my family to come to lunch to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. (So fun to see everyone, and, as I know you are all reading this, "hello" and sorry I don't have access to the picture my mom made encouraged us to take.). Anyway, when my parents left to drive home, we about followed them out of the neighborhood to our church small group potluck (YAY for not having to cook dinner though--again with me and my silver linings. I know you've come to expect this from me now). Got home at 8:30, kids to bed, about to hit the bed...when I realized, I had to make another cake for my friends' 40th birthday party this morning (that's right, we party it up right in Ryan's playgroup--Monday morning celebration!).

I'm not gonna lie, when I was informed by 3 friends (due to my current brain loss situation also known as pregnancy--or at least that's what I'm blaming it on) that since this was the 5th Monday in the month my Bible study (which I was slated to host) wasn't until next week, I about did a jig. Unfortunately, I was far too tired to expend energy uselessly. So I dragged the kids to Publix for our weekly trip. (which, despite aforementioned losing my mind and my edge, I did really good saving about $97). I drove home praying my eyes would stay open and had the ac on full blast. Thankfully, my kids were both content in the backseat with books, so when I pulled in the garage, we just sat there. About 5 minutes. I may or may not have fallen asleep until my phone woke me up (which, Blair, if you are reading this, I'm sorry I didnt' call you back, I had to cook dinner and my charger was upstairs. It just wasn't gonna happen today...I'm sure you understand:) ). Then it was unload, cook dinner and scurry about time.

Cut Chris' hair, now all I have to do is file my coupons then I am going to bed. T-minus 20 minutes I'm hoping.

Aren't you glad you stopped by? God bless you if you are still reading this...

2 comments:

Julianna Jones said...

Just visited your blog for the first time, Janelle. Your kids are so precious! After reading this most recent blog post, I am now praying for you that the Father would fill you with his perfect rest and peace, despite your feeling completely exhausted.

Michael and Andrea plus Baby Dawg said...

Ok. So.

A) you're my hero I wanna be like you cause you have so much energy I would love to to have it. AND I HAVE ONE CHILD!!

B)You bake cakes???? Score. You and I are suddenly the bestest friends if true. Love sweets.

C) Have you looked at how popular you are with all your friends on the side of your blog page. Again. I want to be just like you.