Saturday, August 29, 2009

Ashley's shower

I threw a shower for Ashley, a good friend of mine this morning with another friend in the neighborhood. We love the people in our neighborhood--a lot of good friends and all you could wish for as far as "good neighbors" goes.

N-E-Ways.

The cake--I thought it turned out pretty cute. I was going for the letters to look like the old school wooden blocks. (and ps, the baby is going to be named Wilson). :)



The fruit:



Not pictured (aka, not aesthetically pleasing, but equally delicious) white chocolates I molded into baby booties and pacis, egg and sausage casserole (shout out to April for the recipe a million years ago!) and a delicious apple coffee cake that pained my soul. It has been a while since I made it so I had forgotten that though the directions says 20-25 minutes to cook, it is a good solid 50 minutes until done. Urgh. Thankfully, Stephanie took care of the ice, drinks (yummy mimosas, juices, coffee with fun creamer and cokes), cute party favors, decorations, paper products, and way back when, invitations! So nice to have help.

Diaper cake made by my friend Heather--isn't it cute?



Ashley (obviously, the mom-to-be. Side note, her daughter Annie is one of Anna-Kate's good friends), who is on 100% bedrest with her mom.



One of the burp cloths I made for Ashley. I know it isn't the greatest picture, but I think it's super cute.


We had a lot of fun!

No comments: