Thursday, August 27, 2009

Picture post.

I know a lot of people do "wordless Wednesday" but it's Thursday, not Wednesday, and, let's face it, I am anything but wordless. So, here are some pictures, with plenty of words with them.


In Macon last week, enjoying Chris' birthday cake: chocolate cake with chocolate icing.



Stroke of mommy genius, remove the shirt pre-cake eating.



Last week after church the kids were playing so sweetly together, so I got the camera out to capture/remember how much my boy likes to play dress-up. Chris is shuddering that I am about to document this. :)



Sweet sibling love:



Trying to be less girly with the green headband (formerly a St Patrick's day thing with a dangling 4 leaf clover):


Thinking he's big (manly) stuff on the (pink barbie) bike! :)



My sweet girl:



Anna-Kate came home from school yesterday and said, "Mommy I never left green light again." (her school does a discipline thing like when you get a warning you move to yellow light, then red light is really bad. She has never left green light before, I am so proud!). I said, "I am so proud of you honey!" Words of encouragement are clearly her love language as she said, "Oh you are Mommy?! Oh good! Would you like to take my picture now?" Sure I would, here it is:



***

Tonight Chris and I had our friend Sara keep the kids and we went out to a wonderful Brazilian steakhouse for dinner (our n'hood has this fantastic babysitting co-op, so we've avoided paying for a sitter. ever. well, one time we split a sitter with another family, that's it) It was amazing ("it" could mean the company, conversation, or food...a wonderful evening!). We had lamb leg, roast, chops, filet, filet wrapped in bacon, chicken wrapped in bacon, garlic steak, sirloin, there were about 8 other options I can't think of right now. As well, to-die-for rolls, mashed potatoes and a great salad bar! Thankfully, I was able to sweet talk the manager into allowing us to use a coupon for bogo on the week of your birthday (Chris' was last week!). YUM! Thanks Chris for a great night, and thanks Sara!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Babysitting Co-ops = genius! We are in one too and love it! Here's to date night!

Ruth Cox said...

Janelle, congrats on baby expectations!! hysterical story of your ob visit, and i hope you get some energy back soon! It really is hard, sin't it!!
much love (and YEAH! for trading babysitting!!)