Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Why do I even bother with mascara?

So last week was nothin'. Today started Anna-Kate's second week of 3-K, and the first day of carpool drop-off (yay! no more schlepping Ryan in!!). And, added bonus, put on makeup while in line and I can sleep 5 minutes later. So we got to the front of the line and she hopped out of her seat, gave me a kiss and said "goodbye Mom, love you" I choked out that I would be right there waiting for her when school was over(while I was semi-holding back my tears, thank goodness for sunglasses, even in the overcast skies of today) then I pulled up and watched her walk up the walkway, all by herself, so big and capable, never looking back. I was almost sobbing by the time I drove away. How is it possible she is so big now?

***

Nice to have a sweet moment to cushion yesterday and this morning. Yesterday was horrible. It started with Ryan's major blow-out and poop everywhere. I mean, on the bumper, all toys etc everywhere. I was even tempted to leave my children at publix. I'm only halfway kidding. I think I could count on one hand how many minutes there were in yesterday that one or both of my kids were not crying, throwing a fit or whining. I prayed naps would help, it didn't. They woke up just as foul. Chris came home, took one look around and told me to eat my supper and go upstairs to be alone. Good man. I went and folded 3 loads of laundry in quiet bliss. (side note, Anna-Kate wore training panties yesterday because her clean laundry hadn't been put away in long enough that she was out of panties. I'm feeling mother of the year award coming my way).

So today, I had high hopes for a great day (I recognize they can't all be as bad as yesterday, and it was just my turn). I walked in to get Ryan and smelled poop and looked to see him grinning from ear to ear and holding his nose saying "stinky mama" (what he does when he poops). O had he. Wow. I opted to not take a picture. (Your welcome). It was Ryan's first, and hopefully last, masterpiece of paint a la poop. Yep, he had pooped so much that it had come out of the front, back and both legs and instead of letting it go to waste, shall we say, my boy resourcefully used it to create a picture...on the sheets, his poor dog, book, lambie, the bumper (2 days in a row??? what a pain!) etc....let's just say, it was bad, really bad. It was a 5 wipe job--just on Ryan. It was in his ear. Thankfully, he had the consideration not to paint the bed, wall or his hair and face. Silver linings people, silver linings. OK, off to finish laundry. Again.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

your day is like a scene from a movie! I hope Ryan is reminded of this when it's time to pick out your nursing home :)

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, Janelle, what a mess! Does he go to bed wearing a t-shirt and shorts, or a one-piece outfit? I can't tell by what you wrote if he simply "leaked through" or if he had his hands inside his diaper pulling out poo? Perhaps if he's in a one-piece outfit for nap, that might help?? Just a thought. I'm sorry. That sounds like an awful thing to clean up. Did he seem upset or was he tickled by it?

Great job AK! Sounds like she's loving school. What a big girl! :)

Jenny

Sara said...

Janelle, you aren't the only one to find a poopy bed and little boy in the morning! Good to know, huh? LOL!! Oh the joys of parenthood... And... I have about 10 loads of laundry to do and have no desire to do any of it. Ugh!

I will meet you tomorrow in the Bahamas for a vacation! Sound good? :)

The Bartons said...

LOL bless your heart. i would have literally started to gag, proceeded by throw up. haha matt and i are dying laughing ;) didn't anna kate have a similar occurance at some point too???? must be a Holton thing ;)

Katie said...

Oh my. Yeah that's what I call two horrific days that will hopefully never happen again! Well, at least in the next week or so! :)

Chris said...

Thats my boy!!! Taught em everything I know.