Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We're out!

Today I am taking the kids' up to my friend, Leigh-Ann's moms' house (with her and her kids). We'll be back Thursday in time for Anna-Kate's school open house that night.

***

Speaking of school, Anna-Kate and I went to meet her teacher yesterday. Ms. Angela is very sweet, has taught for many, many years, but been out of the school system for the past 2 years. Her words, "I am counting the days until the kids come back I am so excited to be back in the classroom". Now, if that isn't what every Mama wants to hear, I don't know what is! :) Praise the Lord! She read a story to Anna-Kate (while she sat extremely timidly on my lap) until she finally warmed up enough at the end of our (35 minute meeting!) to say, "see you next week at school". SCORE! That is a huge accomplishment coming from hiding behind my legs...

***

Anna-Kate has a special purse that she takes to church. There are some crayons and a little doll that she can only play with during the sermon (to help her stay quiet if she chooses to stay there instead of going to Sunday school). She opted to take it to sunday school last week. Her teacher said, "what a lovely pocket book Anna-Kate". She said, "this not pocket book, this a purse!".

So today, she comes up to me, "see my pretty pocket book Mommy?" I asked where it was as I couldn't see anything. She pulls a small book out of her pocket. Ha!

No comments: