Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cars

We were driving home from church when we heard,

AK: "we need a new car"
Me: "Anna-Kate, we have a nice car and we need to be thankful for the things God has given us."
AK: "Well, it isn't magic enough. We need a new car that is more magic."
Me: "what do you mean by 'more magic'?"
AK: "you know, like a pink car, like in Fancy Nancy"
Me: "Well, Fancy Nancy's doll, Marabelle, has a pink car, but real cars aren't generally pink."
AK: "O well, I like small cars better. maybe Daddy should get a new small car. Or, maybe daddy should get this big car and mommy should get a new small car"
Me: "well, mommy likes big cars, because they are safer."
AK: "Well prolly Daddy should just not drive too fast so we be safe. I don't like it when you go fast daddy. That's my answer on that. You hear me? That my answer, don't go fast."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness, Janelle, she is a hoot! :) I love "that's my answer for that."

Jenny

Katie said...

HA! EA asks for a pink car too! That is so funny! We just so happened to pass a Mary Kay car when we were talking about it and EA about died! I mean, how often to you see a pink Cadallic!?!? Good to chat with you at church this a.m.!