Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First day of school

Alternate title: Bad Mommy for not posting these yesterday.

Alternate, alternate title: Sniff, Sniff, my baby is growing up!

***

Anna-Kate started 3-K yesterday. I can't believe it. I know she went to MMO last year, but it just isn't the same. She has her name on a name tag on her desk. (well, not desk, a table she shares with 2 other little girls). Still. This is a new school, and one where they do letter of the week, practice writing etc, not just organized play and glitter (though, there's nothing wrong with someone else doing glitter, I sure don't do it.).

Sitting at the breakfast table. She is SO EXCITED for school!


Here she is ready to go to her first day:



At school ready to walk in:


New backpack (isn't it cute??). This is my first time letting go and letting her choose something that isn't what I wanted to choose. I had picked out a backpack for her and ordered it and this one (this was to be a gift). She said she didnt' like the other one and please can't she have the PINK turtle one instead. Look people, it's baby steps for me...:



At the door of her classroom. Her classroom is the orange monkey's (for carpool purposes). Each kids' name was written on a banana and she got a huge kick out of that. :)



Me and my big girl! I was so proud of her--she gave me a big hug and kiss and there were no tears (on her part anyway...).



Afterwards she said that "Miss Angela is nice, we got to sing the 'good morning' song and I played with Ansley". I asked if she had a good time and she said she did, showed me her picture that she colored, and was excited to go back today. Growin' up, I say...

Coming tomorrow, pictures from her first ballet class. :) I'm just sayin', it was DARN CUTE!

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

Ok, so this isn't the point of the post, but I am so excited that I can click on the picture, see it up close, and that it doesn't go to Photobucket. HAHA! :)

So glad AK loved school!! Wesley is in LOVE with going to daycare/school. So much fun.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy AK enjoyed her first day of school! Big girl!!

Jenny