Monday, September 28, 2009

So I've been MIA

Busy does not even begin to cover it.

So I guess you heard/read about/saw the flooding and devastation that took place very close to here last week (thankfully, we are safe and did not suffer any loss or damages). Ironically, schools were closed Tuesday and Wednesday of last week...and it was perfectly blue-skied and not a raindrop to be seen. On Tuesday we made home made chocolate chip cookies. The kids had the best time. Stupid me swiffered and mopped my floors right before such that they were disgusting mere hours later, but whatever...it's memories we're after here. Ryan was obsessed with holding the salt. Really, he was OK pouring stuff in, but always kept his hot little hand on the salt. Whatever.



Then Wednesday, we went to the zoo. It was so fun and thankfully it isn't so horribly hot that you just want to die while smelling all of the hot animals (lovely picture I'm painting, no?). :)



We went with our friend Adam (and his mommy and sister).



I was talking with my mom on Friday afternoon while the kids were taking a nap (and I was MADLY sewing) and she mentioned that it would sure be nice if we saw dad for his birthday (incidently, the next day). I called Chris to see what he thought about going down on Sunday after church and he said, "let's just go tonight". It was 4:07 in the afternoon when he said that. If you know me, you can imagine what that did to my blood pressure/stress level. (if you dont know me, I'm pretty type A and am not uber flexible, nor do I handle last minute plan-changes and/or curve balls very well). (There, I said it. That's the first step, right?). Well, all I could think was, "are you kidding me? leave in a couple of hours when I've not packed, the kids are waking up and I told my friend who just had a c-section that I would keep her daughter this afternoon?" Well, me did it (and, bonus, didn't even forget anything). We are so glad we went, had a great time with my parents, and glad we got to wish Poppy a happy birthday in person!

On Saturday we went to the science museum (it was Smithsonian get in to a museum free day. Wouldn't suggest this museum otherwise...). The kids had a blast!

Searching for dinosaur fossils:



Making shapes with the wooden pieces, then running balls down them:



Nature walk (that, sadly, was sorely missing some "nature" aspects...). Nonetheless, the kids had a great time until Ryan stopped walking, put his hands up and said, "mama, uuu peeez". Poor guy was done. (It was 1:05. I love Babywise.) LOVE the mid-air run/jump of Anna-Kate in this picture!



The kids with the birthday boy: (Happy birthday, Dad!)



***

And now, to show you how I've been keeping busy lately. Sigh, will the mess ever be gone?? Craft fair on Saturday, the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. Pictures to come.

3 comments:

Mom said...

You need to learn how to crop bad things (or people) out of your photos before you post them. Pleeeeese! We had a great time with you all this weekend.
Love,
Mom

Tate Family said...

You and your OCD/type-A tendencies crack me up. =) I have a couple more girlfriends JUST LIKE THAT. Ha! Loved the cookie story. No museums worth visiting were participating in our area. :(

Chris said...

Its not like she doesn't have anything else on her plate now she has to crop pictures?