Friday, September 11, 2009

Ahhhhh!

As we crossed the AL/FL line I turned to Anna-Kate and said, "we're in Florida!!". Instantly, it began pouring. Like the hard rain that you can hardly hear the person next to you because it's so loud. (Remember our last trip to Florida, you know, where we got 18 inches of rain in one week). Anna-Kate looked up from her movie, saw the rain and said, "it's raing here? AGAIN?!" I couldn't have said it better myself. Thankfully, it quickly stopped.

We got to the beach house last night around 7 and got settled and turned the AC on--stat! It was HOT. Unfortunately, though it was not raining outside, about 1 hour in, water started pouring from the ceiling in 1 spot. Ironically, that one spot happened to be on my head. Seriously? Soooo my luck! Long story short, we had to turn the AC off last night and Chris had to come back today to let the ac guy in to fix it. Thankfully, we are cool tonight!

Well, I forgot my cable, so there will be no pictures in this blog. There will be LOTS when we get home. Thankfully, we still have our camera...

We had a wonderful day with GORGEOUS weather (quite uncharacteristic for our family while in Florida). The kids had a ball playing in the sand. Surprisingly, Anna-Kate kept wanting to go out deep in the ocean. She was knocked over from a huge wave and went completely under...miraculously, she came up smiling and wanted to go right back in--that's my (beach) girl!! Both kids took amazing naps (so did Chris!). We went out to dinner at the Back Porch...it's a place we love to go in Destin, and they now have one in PC Beach. Anyway, we walked down to the beach to look for shells and take some pictures, then walked over to see the carousel, live music etc. As we walked up and the carousel came into view Anna-Kate said, "O look, there is a carousel. This is a wonderful place Mommy!" She then told us that we needed to bring Nana and Poppy here because they would like it. :) So I played with the kids in a grassy area near the live music while Chris went to get the car...I put the diaper bag down as we all sat in a big chair. Chris pulled up, and we hopped up and hopped into the car. Leaving the diaper bag behind. With my camera in it. We didn't realize it until we got home...Chris rushed back and it was gone, searched everywhere and had to wait for security to get back to him as there was a security "emergency" evidently...thankfully, the bag, camera and all, was returned and is now back in my hot little hands. (I know, you are thrilled to have pictures of the weekend too :). )

OK, praying for no rain tomorrow. Loving the family time. We are having so much fun just being a family together--so thankful for this time!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am so glad the air conditioner was able to get fixed quickly. When Pete told me that I couldn't believe it. How wonderful that the weather is beautiful too. I have to say September and October are my favorite times to be at the beach.

Anonymous said...

PTL your bag & camera were returned safely!!!!

So glad you're having a relaxing, fun family time. :)

Jenny

Tate Family said...

I know you are enjoying your family blessings together on this trip...can't wait for pics!!