Thursday, September 17, 2009

1st day of school, Ryan edition

So last Thursday was Ryan's first day of "school" (Ok, MMO, whatever). Here he is, isn't he handsome??



Walking to school. What a BIG boy with a BIG backpack:



Usually, I get to drive through the carpool line to drop off/pick up Anna-Kate. But, on days Ryan goes, I have to walk him in, so I take her in as well. She found one of her best buds, Andrew (who says, "Miss Anna-Kate is my girlfriend, I have 2 girlfriends though. Is that OK Miss Janelle?"), walking in and here's the picture I snapped:



Ryan and I outside his classroom:



Last week he cried pretty hard when I dropped him off, but they assured me that he quit crying within about 5 minutes. When I picked him up, however, he was crying again. Evidently he was fine until he saw the first mama come to get their kid, he got excited then realized I wasn't there (to be clear, I wasn't late, I got there at 12:57 people!). Anyway.

After dropping him off I had to look in on Anna-Kate...doing puzzles, her current fav:



***

Today was his second day of school (he only goes on Thursdays to give me a day to go to the OB, work on business stuff etc). He did really great. Cried a bit, but was fine by the time I was down the hall. I was the first mom to pick up (I expect to hear loud applause for being there EARLY!) and I cracked the door to look in and see him playing and laughing and dancing with the kids. I called to him and he came running. He turned to his teacher and said "bye-bye", in his veeeery thick southern accent, gave her a high five, then gave me a hug. Then promptly took off down the hall to find Anna-Kate. Too funny. I took a picture of him today because I just thought he looked too cute not to document. :) (I'm not biased, he's the cutest boy in the world, right?) :) (Side note on the shoes...he is obsessed with them. He got up from his nap and the first thing he did was ask me to put them on. One fell off a few hours later, he brought it to me almost crying. I put it back on and he got the biggest grin on his face. Random, huh?).

5 comments:

The Bartons said...

awww too cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe he's getting in to fashion?!? :) bahahaha :) i know Chris would love that :)

The Stephens Family said...

LOVE the pic of AK and Andrew!! Baby Laaaurrrren would be jealous!!!

Leslie said...

I have to disagree on the "cutest boy in the world," but he is pretty cute!! I love those shoes!!

Katie said...

Oh Janelle, he is just too too cute for words! That is great it did so well! He is getting so big! Good thing you're cookin' #3 b/c it is so sad when they don't "need" you so much anymore!

Anonymous said...

I see why he likes those shoes so much - they're snazzy! :) He is so cute.

Jenny