Sunday, September 20, 2009

OK, I take the cake on this one...

...and, unfortunately, I'm not talking about cake.

Alternate title: I've officially lost my mind.

So if you read about my day on Friday (and read the comments) you'll know that my lovely husband offered to take me out to dinner (whythankyouwhattimedoyouwanttomeet?). Well, this pregnant girl has been craving Olive Garden (I swear that all marketing campaigns succeed because of pregnant women. Just my theory). Anyway, he begrudgingly obliged. It was soooo good (and totally weird...the last time I was there was for my birthday either my jr or sr year of college when my parents took me and a bunch of friends out for my birthday....oh the memories. And oh, the breadsticks and salad!). Anyway, Chris met us there, so as he was walking me and the kids to the van I began searching (in the bottomless pit of a purse that all moms inevitably carry) for my keys. I finally had to stop, put it down and begin the empty-it-to-see-anything approach. Not there. "At least Chris is here" I thought, "so he can unlock the door, I'm sure I just locked them in the car."

Oh, if only that were the case.

Come to find out I had forgotten to lock the doors. But, I had left the keys in the car all right. In fact, I had left them in the ignition. Furthermore, I had left the car turned on. So, quick recap, I left my car running and unlocked for 1 hour and fifteen minutes while we ate dinner at the Olive Garden.

Ya, just let that one sink in.

(In case you were feeling bad about yourself, just remind yourself that you aren't that stupid). The blessing of it all? God kept my precious Odyssey safe for me to actually come back to (and, saved me the hassle of having a very odd conversation with my insurance company...and many nights of NO conversations with a very mad husband!)!

4 comments:

The Levy's said...

OH NO - you are one LUCKY gal I tell you - that's all I have to say for this one!:)

The Bartons said...

omg. that. is. hilarious. definately takes the cake :) da da da dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! :)

The Bartons said...

so i just read matt your blog- and he laughed and said "tell Janelle that that's worse than I have ever done....and that's bad." haha

Anonymous said...

Wow, Janelle, so glad the van was there still and intact!!! I'm sure your heart dropped to the floor when you realized. What a relief though!!

Jenny