Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The long weekend

It was lovely. Chris ran his first 10K--the Chick-fil-a (appropriate, as you will soon find out). He has been running the last few months almost every day, so was looking for something "official". We are so proud!! (in fact, we heard the garage door open from him coming home and I said to the kids, "let's go greet daddy and tell him how proud we are of him for running so fast!". We went down, opened the door and Anna-Kate said, "I so proud of you running fast daddy." He said, "did Mommy tell you to say that?" She said, "uh-huh." O well).



(Sidenote on this picture, for months AK has been asking if she can have a Belle dress for Christmas. I've been looking everywhere...I mean, I refuse to spend tons of money, but within reason I would buy it...not.to.be.found. So I was talking with a friend and she said she found one at BJ's or Costco or somewhere a couple of years ago for $10. I said if she ever saw one again to call me! She said her daughter didn't play with it anymore and we could have it. (side note to side note, I insisted she ask her daughter if she could give it away first and she said, "I don't even play with it mommy, a little girl can have it" how sweet??). Anyway, I brought it home in a bag so she wouldn't see it, but Chris, not knowing the history and whole story, saw it, pulled it out and and it hasn't left her body since)

OK. So we got ready and headed to Chick-fil-a for lunch. They had a deal going that if you had any sports paraphanalia on, you got a free sandwich. Well, I am economical if anything, so I took juice boxes and applesauce for the kids, and we split a large fry--voila, lunch for cheap! Well, we did spring for a diet lemonade too, we're givers like that. We met a bunch of friends and had a blast!



(friend from above loaned us the kids' shirts so they got free sandwiches too!)

We came home, and Chris and the kids napped while I ran errands. Jo-Ann fabrics was having a huge labor day sale--so I hauled it all the way up there, but it was worth it! My church is having a craft fair/fall festival in October and I was asked to have a booth (not that I'm amazing or anything, I think they just needed people and a few people knew I sold stuff that I made). Anyway. I found fabric to make the kids' halloween costumes. Pics to come of that--I'm PUMPED! I also bought a lot of fabric to make simple a-line dresses (like this one) that I will monogram and/or applique. Asked the lady if she had any coupons lying around and she said, "I have a 10% of total purchase, you want that?" Is the pope Catholic? Score!

After naps Chris said, "so, we doing Chick-fil-a for dinner too?" Not cook? Sure. So, off we went to meet more friends at the Chick for dinner. (BONUS, the kids split sandwiches both times, so we had 2 sandwiches leftover. You know, just we needed).

3 comments:

Chris said...

LOL, did you write that one in a hurry, some of the sentences didn't make sense... like I have room to talk, my verbal sentences don't make sense. Also it was the US 10K, not the chick fila race, don't think there is a Chik Fila race. But thanks for bragging about me ;)

Christy said...

Ok, Janelle, so I read your ultrasound/fire alarm post in horror last week, thinking how perfectly dreadful for you. Well guess what happened to me yesterday?!! Yes, the same thing, except that it wasn't nearly as traumatic as your experience because I was only having the doppler thingy with the gel on my tummy when the alarm went off...fun times! And yes, running down all those stairs (of course we were like on the 12 floor!) is not fun when you're not quite sure if all your clothes are on right!! I thought of you as I was winding my way down all those flights :)

Tate Family said...

We so got our free sandwiches, too. :) Love me some CFA!!