Monday, June 28, 2010

Anna-Kateisms, again

I was feeding the baby and Ryan was playing on the floor. Anna-Kate walked in and said, "Mama, I think I should keep you company. Women needs lots of help when dealing with all these boys!" Well said daughter, I couldn't agree more. :)

***

Anna-Kate has never liked peaches (I know, whose kid is she??). Anyhoo. I was eating a bowl full of fresh peaches that my mom brought me fresh from the farmers market when Anna-Kate asked what I was eating.
Me: "mmm, I'm eating special dessert."
AK: "Oh can I try a bite please? Pleeeease?" (sidenote, don't you love italics? With a few extra vowels and italics I just know you can hear the whiny desperation in her voice!)
Me: "Alright, but just one bite."
AK: "what is it?"
Me: "just try it."
***so she eats it***
AK: "YUM, I love this, what is it?"
Me: "It's peaches. I told you they were delicious."
AK: "Oh, I must like them now!"

***

I asked Anna-Kate to clean up the blocks she had been playing with (poor thing, she went with us to Ryan's playgroup and there were no other big kids. She's a trooper!). She bent over and began cleaning, then put her hand on the small of her back and said, "this is beary hard on me since I am so pregnant with Baby Kate." I said, "what did you just say?" (surely, not what I thought I just heard). She said, "I said I am beary much pregnant with my little girl baby, so this is hard" followed by a loud sigh. (but, she cleaned it up!). Ha!

***

Driving home she began making an action plan for our next children (and no, I'm not pregnant. Sheesh). According to Anna-Kate, we will have a new baby girl next, followed by another boy. She declared that she and Ryan would sit in the back of the van. I said, "well, I need your help to put Jack's paci in". She said, "oh, it's OK, the new baby girl can put his paci in for him. She can have my seat and the new boy can have Ryan's seat, and Jack can just stay where he is when Ryan and I go in the back." A girl with a plan. Nice. Too bad that requires being pregnant 2 more times. :)

No comments: