Tuesday, June 22, 2010

ZZZZZZ!

The lack of sleep has finally caught up to me. Don't get me wrong, Jack is a great sleeper...for a newborn. He is currently feeding at 11:30 and then again at 8, but I still haven't managed to get the elusive 8 hours of continual sleep that my body so craves. Add to that, I'm not producing enough milk for my boy. Bummer. So, I began taking a prescription to help with the milk (I took it with Ryan and it really helped a lot).

Slight problem...the medicine makes me tired. So.very.tired. Like, I'm not a napper, never have been. Yesterday, I napped for 30 minutes. Last night, I fed Jack at 8, got in the bathtub at 8:15 where I promptly fell asleep. I woke up and immediately got in bed "just to rest for a minute" where I slept until 11:33. I fed Jack and went back to bed where I immediately fell back asleep until 7:08 this morning. I felt a-maz-ing when I woke up! However, come 2 this afternoon, I was beat again. I fell asleep nursing Jack, managed to stay awake to play with him for a bit, then napped for 1 hour 45 minutes. I am about to go to bed now too. I am beyond tired. Yawn.

Please pray that this medicine works quickly so I can get off it and back to normal. I hate being like this (I am far more tired than I ever have been, even 1st trimester of pregnancy!)!

Sweet dreams!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm sure you've tried it, but did fenugreek help at all? It bumped up my supply a bit with Kaitlin when I needed it.

Christy said...

Aw, Janelle, I really feel so bad for you! I had that medication actually my first trimester to help with morning sickness and it's AWFUL for making you tired! I'll be praying you can get off it quickly. BTW, that quote of Elizabeth Prestiss' is one of my favorites and her biography "More Love to Thee" is a favorite of mine too.