Sunday, June 27, 2010

Waterworks VBS, 2010

Am I a horrible person for the rush of sweet relief (that it was over) as I drove home on Friday? (I was so crazy tired!! And poor Jack needed a nap in his bed!)

(Did I just admit that across the web?)

My kids, however, had a blast. There were 100 kids this year (up from not quite 80 last year!) and a sizable number of kids from the surrounding area who were introduced to church and to the Gospel for the first time--I'd call that sweet success! The kids learned about "riding the 'wave' of God's love for them". I love vbs each year because of the concentrated teaching and fun my kids get, but also because I get to hang out with my friends as well. We are so unbelievably blessed with amazing families in our church body and the women are just incredible. I love getting to spend time with younger girls, my peers (and bounce of kid stuff) and older women for such special nurturing and mentoring. We really have an amazing church! It's amazing to see God provide for each little job with people whose personality and gifts are perfect for the need.

On our way to church. We had to leave our house at 8:40 every morning. This was a huge stretch for me. But, as I was leading music (and, the opening ceremonies) being late wasn't optional for us. :) They were all such troopers!



Sad that the only child looking at the camera is the baby. Sigh. One day. :)



Bed-head much?? Ryan's class sat on the front row, since they were the smallest. As I was standing up front leading I got to watch him interact with his playmates and participate in worship. It warmed my heart to see him learning the words and motions for the songs. Look how well he is paying attention!



Anna-Kate with her sweet friend, Ella Ann. These girls were inseparable all week. Katie (EA's mom) and I joke that we are raising the same kid. They are so alike (only wear dresses, big bows, love dressing up, very "girly-girls") but they both got it from their mama's--Katie and I are so alike as well. It's so fun to hang out with them...kindred spirits for sure. :)



Anna-Kate was so intent on her craft that she didn't even notice me walk in the room and take the picture!



Playing outside. Doesn't she look so grown up?



Amazing how much fun can be had with a pan of water and a few cups. :)



This morning at church the children led worship singing the songs I taught them this week. They did great!



My handsome man in his gigantic youth xs VBS shirt. :) So sweet.



Me directing the kids this morning. Not my best picture, but Ryan absolutely cracks me up. He looks like he's reading a script to direct or something. LOL, alas, just the bulletin. :)



The kids signing "forever" a la, "forever God is faithful".

2 comments:

Tate Family said...

such sweet times. you look great!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.