Sunday, June 20, 2010

Jack's baptism and Father's Day weekend!

Saturday I went with my friend Leigh-Ann for her last day out before her baby comes on Thursday. We went shopping for a gift, got pedicures, and ate lunch. A super fun afternoon!! When I came home, however, it was time to hit it! Chris and I were up late getting ready for lunch for 14 today and trying to find the VBS cd (ugh. It was given to me, as I'm leading worship, and I promptly forgot about it as we decided not to use the cheesy vbs songs and opted for hymns/worship songs the kids would actually hear again instead. After over an hour of looking, Chris found it. I had not put it where it was found. The other adult in this house who put it there can remain nameless). :)

Today was a really special day in our house! It started quite early for me, (after yesterday ending quite late!) but it was wonderful. It is such a joy to be surrounded by family, friends, and a loving church body as you dedicate your child to the Lord and see them welcomed into the Covenant family. How encouraging to see the congregation vow to help us to raise Jack in the ways of the Lord and to be praying with us for his salvation. We are so blessed!

Baptism:





Pastor Pete praying for Jack



Only family shot I have from the whole day. Sad I didn't do a better job of documenting.



Jack was baptized at church and my parents, grandparents and our best friends were able to attend. All 3 kids behaved well (I'd say perfectly, but there was a moment of Ryan jetting off the stage and, were it not for my stealth like moves putting the paci in, Jack would have wailed mid-prayer into the pastor's mic...but I digress.) and it was a sweet time. Afterwards, everyone came over here for lunch. Chris smoked pork tenderloins yesterday and I made bar-b-que out of it today. I also had pasta salad, chips, baked beans, buns, cantaloupe, pound cake (might have been my best yet, it was awesome) and homemade strawberry AND homemade peach icecream. YUM. I like to celebrate! :)

Mana and Anna-Kate holding Jack



Anna-Kate telling Papa all about Disney world and showing him our book.



Mana loves to love on babies, and Jack was enamoured with her!



In our family, we have developed a tradition, of sorts, of baptizing our kids on a holiday. Anna-Kate was baptized on Chris' birthday and Ryan was baptized on Anna-Kate's birthday. I think of it as multi-tasking with out of town family. :) Two birds, one stone. I'm efficient like that. So, since today was Father's day, and I knew this afternoon was a big celebration for Jack, I tried to do little things throughout the weekend to show love and appreciation for Chris. I made his favorite pizza on Friday, had a huge breakfast before church today, and Anna-Kate made him a sweet card to go with the pink polo shirt she picked out for him. :)

So, without further ado, Chris, you are an amazing father--as good as it gets. :) Thank you for loving our kids, providing for our family, being "zany" with them and not being afraid to discipline too. You are a wonderful example to them of our Father's love, and I pray our boys will grow up to be dads just like you some day!

2 comments:

Dance411 said...

Congratulations to you and your family!!! Looks like all went well! Aubrey was Christened a month ago and she was so quiet! Marley however tried to grab the mic at her Christening. Their personalities are so different! HA!!
Such a wonderful father's day treat :)

Tate Family said...

What a sweet post! He is filling out so much!